Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Milk Makeup Hero Salve

I love a good salve -- it can moisturize chapped lips, cuticles, soothe rashes and pimples, even tame flyaway brows. It's very versatile and I always have one in my purse (or at my bedside) all the time. But because I was in a hurry to pack for my US trip, I had forgotten -- for the very first time! -- to pack my VMV Boo Boo Balm! I never leave home without it, so I was really distraught since it was my go-to product for anything skin. 

So, off to Sephora I went to look for an inexpensive alternative. I could've gotten just plain ol' petroleum jelly, but I might as well explore what the US has to offer and get something new. 

Enter Milk Makeup Hero Salve. While the brand has been on my radar since my Glamourbox days, this was my first time to actually pick up their product. You know that feeling when you've been pining for a product for far too long and then you actually see it on the shelf? Yep, I was that ecstatic that I let out a gasp and immediately grabbed it. 

I got this for only $10 in the black hole that is the Sephora samples aisle. Because samples still are my guilty pleasure. 

Rich, healing salve is the ultimate multi-tasking product. It melts into skin to condition and nurture. Apply to lips, face, and body - anywhere needing a serious douse of hydration. Made with jojoba oil, shea butter, grape seed oil, and lavender oil. Apply daily and generously to lips, elbows, knees, and cuticles to condition and relieve dryness. All Milk Makeup products are cruelty-free.
Ingredients: Vegetable Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Diisostearyl Malate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Microcrystalline Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate.
Price: $10/8g
What it is:

It's a solid salve made up of naturally moisturizing ingredients: shea butter, jojoba seed oil, vitamin E, the works. Encased in a small tub (too small for the price tag, methinks) that you can slip into your jeans pocket for those quick touch-ups. If you have chapped lips like I do from the LA to SFO switch (from 38 to 11 degrees -- crazy!), then you will find that the Hero Salve decently gives moisture and temporarily coats lips to prevent further dryness.
 

While it is nowhere near my VMV Boo Boo Balm (which is petroleum-based), Milk Hero Salve could be a decent and eco-conscious alternative. I find that it provides a thin veil of moisture that is absorbed quickly by lips, versus the more emollient coat of the former which is best for overnight treatments. Given this, the effects the Milk Hero Salve are short-lived therefore you may find yourself re-applying often. That may be a deal-breaker for some. The scent is relaxing, though, with light notes of lavender. 


I got two tubs of these, so I can confidently say that I won't be caught travelling without a salve in my pocket. 

Have you tried anything from Milk Makeup? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment