Thursday, August 18, 2016

New skin care finds: Shea Moisture, Sukin, Yes to Cucumbers

Over the last week I've been to Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Nevada, and now we're all settled in Sacramento.


I was fortunate to visit the famous tourist spots and I've shared some of them on Instagram @kirasworld. I am still uncertain if I should write a full on post on my first US trip, for now I'll share with you new products that I got from Target.


Shea Moisture Peace Rose Oil Complex Sensitive Skin Facial Cleansing Oil - $9.99

A natural cleansing oil with the relaxing scent of damask rose. It's a gentle and moisturizing cleanser that removes light makeup (tinted moisturizer, powder, waterproof mascara, eyebrow pencil, and eyebrow mascara), and emulsifies when mixed with water. It has certified organic shea butter to nourish sensitive skin. This cleanser helped calm down my flare-ups: it was insanely hot in LA then SFO was so chilly and windy, my face went crazy. The only caveat is it mildly stings the eyes while rinsing.

Sukin Super Greens Facial Recovery Serum - $17.95

This is the most lightweight and watery serum I have ever tried! It contains chock-full of detoxifying green actives of Kale, spirulina, chlorella and parsley, which makes it a truly nourishing and unique facial moisturizer. If you have combi-oily complexion, you can skip moisturizer after this as despite its watery texture, it does decently moisturize skin.

I sort of cheated because this was pasalubong from Singapore, you can't buy this in Target. I brainfarted and added this to the lineup anyway.

Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Eye Gel - $14.99

I have been wanting to try Yes to Carrots (the main brand) since I heard about it 5 years ago. And I was in dire need of an every day gel-type eye cream for the hot Manila weather. This is cooling (yes, even if you don't pop it in the fridge), lightweight, and is absorbed fast. It contains caffeine, aloe vera,  green tea, and chamomile extracts to soothe the eye area. I really love this I am planning to get one as backup before I head back to Manila.

I've been very conservative with my spending in the US, I got a few makeup items here and there, a sturdy backpack for my upcoming adventures, nothing to write home about, really.

Follow my Instagram stories @kirasworld and let's connect!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment