Friday, August 5, 2016

Let go and let live

One of my personal issues is learning to let go. Sometimes I can't seem to get myself to surrender, to trust that everything will work out for the best. I cling, hold on, grasp so tightly it becomes suffocating. And it was only very recently that I accepted the fact that there are things I can and cannot change.


You see, when we hold on to something (even with the purest of intentions), it consumes us. It makes us selfish, it hinders our growth, and it's definitely not pretty. I guess one of the things I learned about letting go is to appreciate the little things. It's gratitude day in, day out (I have my Headspace app to thank for this). My Barre3 classes have helped me cope and release any form of emotional stress -- it has cleared my head, and has made me more happy and relaxed.

So when a client wakes you up at 7am because he wants to get an AXA plan or has a random question, be thankful. When you're stuck in traffic but comfortably riding an Uber, be thankful. When you lament about your life (you're not making more money, you're tired and beat from work, bad luck seems to be hounding you), be thankful you're still alive. Be thankful you have a little dog that patiently waits for you at home and can't wait to play with you.

And most importantly, when life gives you another shot at this one thing you've been waiting/praying all your life, you better take care of it and enjoy it for what it is. Do not overthink. Let go, and let live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment