Thursday, April 14, 2016

Tablas Island beach essentials

As usual, my trip to Tablas Island was decided on the last minute -- like literally 2 days before my scheduled departure. I'm a procrastinator, what can I say?


If you're looking at travelling solo exploring beaches and secluded spots, then you can relish in the simple provincial living that Tablas has to offer. I imagine, it was like being in Butuan (my hometown) back in the 90s -- no malls, no convenience stores, only 2 banks/ATMs about 30 kilometers away, only 1 gas station within the bayan, endearing old wooden houses and nipa huts, endless stretches of lonely highways connecting each barangay. It was both exciting and scary at the same time, which I shall expound on more in my post solely on Tablas.

Anyway, seeing as I was there to go beaching and exploring on a scooter, I wanted to keep my essentials down to the bare minimum. I mean, what else is new? Haha, it's almost like the same stuff I bring to Baler except I brought makeup this time.


From left to right:

VMV Grandma Minnie's Do It Oil - pure VCO spiked with antibacterial monolaurin, I use this as a skin moisturizer when travelling and a tan enhancer. Also works as a skin soother for jellyfish stings and an insect repellent. Check out my VCO epiphany here.

Kiele Anti-Mosquito Baby Cologne - I got the limited edition 50ml purse size from SeektheUniq (set of 3), I use this when travelling to hot places because there's nothing more refreshing than the gentle scent of baby cologne. The scent reminds me of Denenes, actually.

VMV Armada Sport 70 - I've professed my love for this one for almost a decade. The best sunscreen out there, hands down.

Sani Bear Sanitizer - a gift from Becca of Cutieverse! A sunny sanitizer (get it?) that eliminates germs and odors -- a must when deodorizing public toilets, when eating in bus stops, and for your every day commute, too. Smells like crushed grapefruit.

Aloe Derma 99% Aloe Vera Gel - My back is severely sunburned post-scooter so this really helped relieve the pain and itch. The gel formulation means it's light enough even for city use.


While wearing makeup at the beach is a no-no, it helps to look decent anyways. Here are my top picks from left to right: 

VMV Skintangible - a mineral-based sunscreen of SPF 30 with a light tint. Non-greasy and non-comedogenic. I usually buy the full-sized ones and just refill my purse-sized bottle (in photo).

Hurraw! Mint Lip Balm - my favorite 100% vegan lip balm! The tingly and cooling sensation helps soothe lips, and the sleek shape fits well into the teeniest of summer shorts.

L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Powder - A finely milled and lightweight face powder that nixes shine and oil.

Maybelline Touch of Spice ColorSensational Creamy Matte - a lot of friends have been egging me to try this and I finally succumbed -- it's such a flattering and tan-enhancing warm nude that comes off (depending on your skin tone) a little pinkish or coral on lips. It's like the mature older sister of my Honeymoon Glow.


Tip: Don't forget to bring a dry bag to keep everything pristine while sunbathing. Thanks, Nivea!


So stay tuned for my post on Tablas Island, coming up in a few winks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment