Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Review: L’Oreal Brow Artist Designer Pro in 02 Light Brown

Hi, Ae here again from An Artechoke guest-blogging for Kira! Here's what I think about the new L’Oreal Brow Artist Designer Pro in 02 Light Brown.

Those who know [me and] my blog well would be familiar with my brow obsession. Brows are an essential part of my look, and I’m very involved with mine -- I never let anyone touch them. Which is not to say they’re picture perfect every time. That’s also part of it; if you see me with undone brows that means I pretty much want you to see them that way! And lately I’ve been subscribing to the not-so-sharp version, (not very cleanly plucked and no outlines) just lightly defined, nothing too contrived.
Which is why, I had a bit of a hard time using this new pencil+powder product from L’Oreal. Since I’ve turned (temporarily) away from my brow 'detailing' days, I suddenly have no use for shading powders and pigmented pencils. And to be honest, I’m having a hard time now even if I want to. 



This pen-like contraption actually opens up in three segments: one end is a spoolie, the other a twist up pencil, and the middle a sponge-tipped brow powder applicator. Really cool and convenient, very much like a James Bond-type beauty gadget! 



Anyway, I’m very used to brow pencils, I’ve probably tried all kinds! This one from L’Oreal’s a bit hard but pigmented and powdery; that said, it reacts easily to the pressure that you use it with. With pencils, I like lining the lower edge of my brows out to the tail and filling out the spaces from the bottom edge. I usually skip lining the upper edge as I’m not a fan of arched brows. You can read more about how I shape my brows in this old tutorial I did on my blog.



This is pretty much what I did with my brows below, but using a bit of the powder on the middle part of the brows where I have a bigger area to apply it on. I spent a good deal blending the whole thing out with the spoolie but I find the pencil doesn’t take well to this method. I ended up erasing the brows I lined out. If you have naturally full and shaped brows, this shouldn’t be a problem. The powder blends well with the pencil and you will get a natural looking, shaded pair.


So I had to do it again using a different, probably heavier method. By that I meant, brows that look really done up and none of that natural-looking effect. This is what I usually do when I have to really dress up and attend an event, say a wedding, as it photographs well, and gives my face nice structure with all that makeup.


In this case the L’Oreal Brow Artist really performs
. The Light Brown color on the pencil is tiny warm for my liking, but the taupe-y powder takes that down a notch so no prob. This lasts fairly well, too as a pencil+powder combo will surely outlast using either product on its own. And lastly, I like the L’Oreal Brow Artist because it is convenient! I don’t have to reach for a lot of other products to get the same effect. If you’re a pro with your brows, you know what this means..and if you aren’t, this is a great product to start play with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment