Saturday, March 26, 2016

Hoard-worthy: L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte 16HR Powder in Golden Beige

Ah, with summer in full swing it's time to re-evaluate our skin care and beauty products to complement the very hot Manila weather. I've joked numerous times to friends that I hate wearing a bra and would rather wear a bikini under clothes now because it's just too hot! As for makeup, my style has always been to wear as little makeup as possible, and not to pile on [pore-clogging] stuff. So yeah, my "makeup" routine just consists of the VMV Skintangible + powder foundation.

Okay let's get down to business. While I've professed my love for mineral makeup all the way and have been loyal to this one for years, the L'Oreal team recently sent their newest product which I declare is something you gotta check out. The L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte 16HR Powder promises to nix oil with its lightweight and airy formula. Hefty claims, I know, because commercial powder brands tend to break me out and the non-cakey claim? In this weather? I was more than willing to test this out.

Absorbs excess oil and reduces shine on the skin’s surface for up to 16 hours. The lightweight pressed powder can be used alone, to set foundation after application, and/or throughout the day for quick touch-ups.
Price: Php 500+ 
Now, I received a lighter shade which surprisingly still blended well into my current tan skin tone (it's that translucent). I was so impressed with the blendability and the super fine particles that I immediately bought the correct shade the next day. I am now a GoldenBeige and intend to stay that way for many months. Makeup companies please take note, because I won't be able to properly test your samples if the shade is incorrect or unflattering. And boy, I sure don't want makeup to go to waste.


Very lightweight and looks extremely natural, seriously

The reason why I think this is a winner is because for someone who has oily-combi skin (and tends to perspire a lot) Golden Beige blends perfectly, gently nixes all shine and trace of oiliness, all the while leaving a soft matte finish. Even when re-applied during the day without blotting with oil clear sheets, my skin looked fresh -- pores were blurred, skintone is evened out with no grey or whitish cast. With my previous mineral makeup, oftentimes it would appear grey on me when I'd reapply within the day, plus it caked around the nose and forehead. L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte 16HR Powder is super duper fine.

16HR claim? Not really

I'd say you'd get a few hours of oil-free goodness with this compact. I still oil up by lunchtime but should I decide to not reapply (because I'm lazy or I forget to), my skin still looks decent.

Smooth translucent coverage

Got blemishes, dark spots, and pimples? Sadly this powder alone won't adequately cover them, at the very least it gives light buildable coverage.

Gentle formula, great for sensitive-skinned ladies


I've been burned by other powders in the past ever since I made the switch to mineral makeup, I guess my skin was super spoiled and reacted quickly (i.e. in a few days) when I re-introduced commercial/drugstore brands. But I'm happy to report that the L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte 16HR Powder didn't cause any blemishes or skin reactions. I would even go as far as saying, it's the only L'Oreal powder that didn't break me out *peace sign*

Pour conclure

I am unequivocally in love with this powder that am considering buying two more tomorrow! The shade is a perfect match and it leaves skin with a silky smooth texture. It is also unscented, FYI. Make sure to apply SPF prior to protect your skin from the sun. I use the VMV Skintangible as base + sun protection and just apply the powder over it.

Thanks L'Oreal for sending me this, I am now a convert with faith in commercial makeup products restored. This is hoard-worthy folks! Coincidentally, L'Oreal products are on sale (up to 50% off) til end of the month so go stock up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment