Thursday, February 25, 2016

Pureology Precious Oil Versatile Caring Oil

At my last JuRo Salon visit (where I converted my sister and Mom, ha!), I spotted the Pureology Precious Oil Versatile Caring Oil on the shelf and read through the ingredients list. Boasting of 100% biodegradable ingredients like sunflower, coconut, jojoba, and olive oil, I immediately decided to try it out despite of the hefty price tag. If I remember correctly, it was about Php1,950. 

Offering the utmost respect to colour-treated hair and the environment, Precious Oil contains 100% biodegradable ingredients and is a paraben-and silicone-free formula, earning it the prestigious Green Seal™ certification.
What it does: 
  • Equalize porosity
  • Restore manageability
  • Replenish the protective lipid layer
  • Enhance colour vibrancy
I bet you're thinking, "Not another hair oil!" Yup, hair oils, serums, softeners have saturated the market in recent years but were mostly composed of water insoluble silicones (like dimethicone, dimethiconol, etc.) that weigh down hair and inhibit the cuticle's ability to absorb nutrients. 

The Pureology Precious Oil Versatile Caring Oil is 100% silicone-free and paraben-free, making hair healthier and sleeker in the long run.

Benefits: 

  • Sunflower seed oil is great for softness and color protection
  • coconut oil helps with elasticity (I love VCO, check out my review here)
  • olive oil gives shine
  • jojoba oil imparts moisture.

How to use: 

I've been using the Pureology Precious Oil Versatile Caring Oil since December and it's my go-to hair softener and relaxer. I do blowdry my hair every day using just my fingers to separate the ends (because yeah I'm lazy to use a proper brush) and this is how my hair looks after: soft, manageable, frizz-free. 


It's best to apply it sparingly to the middle or ends of your hair. You don't even need a full pump because you don't want your hair to become an oily mess. Another bonus? It has a delicious nutty scent that lasts several hours.

On the website, the Pureology Precious Oil Versatile Caring Oil can also be used as on overnight treatment, pre-color prep, even as a skin moisturizer! I'd highly recommend this if you're on the lookout for a biodegradable hair serum. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment