Monday, December 7, 2015

Burt's Bees Soothing Lip Balm with Eucalyptus and Menthol

I've  been searching for this particular variant of the Burt's Bees lip balm which seem to be sold out in all Beauty Bar branches, and was also MIA for some time on their website (it's available now, btw). The curiosity stemmed from my good experience with the original incredibly minty Beeswax Lip Balm, and I wanted to know if this Soothing variant can surpass the minty kick.

Thank god Jessa gave me hers, I was so giddy and tried it out the moment I got home. In fact, I was so excited that I tore open the seal and didn't even bother to take photos first. #beautybloggingfail

Give your chapped lips some love and care with our Soothing Lip Balm. Let the cooling combination of Menthol and Eucalyptus Oil soothe seriously dry lips while Shea Butter helps moisturize them. 100% natural, this balm leaves your lips looking healthy, feeling happy and hopelessly hydrated. 
Price: Php 225

The verdict?

Well it wasn't as minty as I expected, that's for sure. I just felt a tiny short-lived tingle. The eucalyptus and menthol ingredient seemed to offer aromatherapy than an actual cooling feel though another notable difference between the two is the ingredient list: 
helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, candelilla cera (euphorbia cerifera wax, cire de candelilla)butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, lanolin, menthol, cera carnauba (copernicia cerifera wax, cire de carnauba), melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), limonene
Sunflower seed oil and coconut oil come together as first on the list, then beeswax comes in third making the formula lighter and less tacky than the original Beeswax formula (which as the name denotes is mostly made of beeswax). If you've ever felt that it took too long for the Beeswax formula to settle into lips and was too thick, then try the Soothing formula. 


So that's it. In a nutshell:

Beeswax Lip Balm = very minty but because of the beeswax base, it feels thick and heavy on lips. 

Soothing Lip Balm = lightweight and has lots of slip, with a very slight menthol/eucalyptus feel. 

Both have NO SPF, btw, but moisturize lips decently.  

Now I won't be abandoning my favorite organic lip balm anytime soon, but these from Burt's Bees can be good alternatives when I'm in a pinch. And because they sent so many as gifts -- thank you! -- then I'm pretty much set for the next 2 years or so. 

What's your favorite [minty] lip balm? 
Share it with me in the comments. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment