Monday, November 2, 2015

Healthy Eats: Gourmade by Chef Rob Lau

I'm now on my second week of enjoying Chef Rob Lau's meals which are delivered straight to my doorstep every morning. Although I am probably the last person on earth who needs to diet (in the traditional sense anyway), one of the reasons I agreed to do this is I'd like to open myself up to new meals and new ways of preparing food. Additionally I wanted to eat healthier, too, but I don't know where to start. I don't cook, FYI.

So given a choice, I chose "Skinny Down" as opposed to "Pescatarian" and waited [patiently] for Monday morning to arrive. Granting that we know the menu beforehand, I was still excited to see how my meals were going to be presented. After all, we eat with our eyes and if something looks appetizing then it would be a cinch to consume it.

Lemon Pancakes with Pesto Egg Salad
Meals (1,200 calories) each day include breakfast (my favorite!), lunch, 2 snacks, and dinner. Admittedly, when I opened my package I was upset with the portions. I thought to myself, "Wow, I can eat all three meals in one sitting," and then proceeded to eat breakfast which was Lemon Pancakes with Pesto Egg Salad. What I wasn't prepared for was how yummy and filling (most important!) the meals were. I was really full with just the pancakes and coffee/juice.

Baked Fish Fillet with Sweet Mashed Potato
Taco Pasta
Meals are kept in microwavable takeaway containers which makes them easy to tote to work and reheat at the office. One of my running favorites is the Taco Pasta which was so flavorful, I really wanted to order it again! Speaking of which, I should send them an email and request for this one...

White Toast Pizza
I initially thought going on a diet would mean eating boring and bland food, but look at my breakfast: White Toast Pizza with so much cheese it looks sinful! This was so delicious and also one of my favorites.

Cobb Salad
Herbed Grilled Pork Chop with Mixed Veggies
Meals are also customized according to your preferences. For example, I advised that I don't like beansprouts, anything almond-flavored, and hold the spice please! Anyone with food allergies or aversion to certain ingredients can rest easy as the staff will really double check the meals and make sure your requests are accommodated.

Today's breakfast: Peanut Butter French Toast with Blueberry Jam
So how do I feel after a week on this program? As mentioned I'm not really looking at weight loss (but you will lose weight if you follow this strict diet), but personally I do look forward to my meals every day. As Gourmade by Chef Rob Lau only delivers Monday to Friday, I was a little sad that I didn't get anything on weekends. I missed my packed meals tremendously. If there's one takeaway for me it's the ease of having food pre-packed, so much so that when I come home all hungry from work and the daily commute, I can easily reach into my ref, heat my food, and eat with no fuss. It was comforting to have something waiting for me when I get home, it really makes life easier.

Check out next week's menus here:



To get started on your healthy journey, visit https://instagram.com/gourmadebychefroblau/.
SMS the team at 0915-2498884 or 0929-6998511.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment