Friday, September 4, 2015

Finding My True Match with L'Oreal Paris

Makeup companies are starting to get the drift: natural-looking, super blendable makeup is the way to go. Gone are the days when your face was 2 shades lighter than your neck and the rest of your body, or you'd show up to an event with cakey, uneven makeup. Today there is no excuse not to find the perfect shade, especially now that L'Oreal has released 15 stay-true shades of foundation, powder, concealer that all work together to complement the Filipina skintone and undertone. 

Always ahead of the trends with revolutionary skin care and now makeup, I was invited by the L'Oreal team to experience their newest and reformulated True Match makeup line. Veering away from the usual show-and-tell press events, they showcased their new products through an interesting "contest" and discovery of sorts. 


We were to go around the venue with professional artists helping us pinpoint our true match shades. Everyone was very helpful and made the choosing less stressful. Believe me, when I'm at the makeup counter and the sales ladies are pushy or simply hover too much, it can get really annoying. 


First stop is the new L'Orea'l Blur Cream (Php400), a silicon primer that preps skin for makeup application. It features concentrated light reflectors that instantly blur away pores and fine lines for smoother, more even-looking skin -- the perfect base for foundation.

MUA Gex was giddy about this new product

Next is the True Match Crayon Concealer (Php 600) that offers customizable coverage from the tiniest of blemishes to larger areas of imperfections. The tip of the crayon allows for precise application, while the side of the crayon can easily conceal a larger area of skin. It has 6 shades and provides full coverage.


I was at that stage where my skin color is a weird in-between color (read: fading tan), so MUA Bobbie took a long while swatching and applying making sure that she'd pick the right shade for me. 

Saw Jay from Clozette :)

And then I was off inside the Black Fleet, a gorgeous makeup studio on wheels!


The toughest, I presume, is finding a true match for liquid makeup. I mean, depending on ambient lighting the results would be different: either too light, too pink, too dark. Good thing chief MUA Verna was there to give me expert advice. 


She narrowed down the shades and you can see off the bat, she was able to nab the right one immediately. I got shade N7 (Nude Ambre -- first swatch) and it blended beautifully into my skin. This new True Match Liquid Foundation (Php 600) boasts of 5 unique micro-pigments that specifically match Asian skin tones and undertones. Also, its micro-fine pigments hide imperfections with medium, buildable coverage, while protecting against harmful UVA and UVB rays with SPF 16/PA++. It even has microshimmers for that glowing natural look.


And lastly, brows! Everyone knows I have a strong affinity for brow products and I'm pretty loyal once I find a really good one (case in point, my current eyebrow pencil), so you could say I was really excited about testing Brow Artist. Powder or pencil, take your pick!

Create made-to-measure eyebrows with the The Brow Genius Kit (Php 400) in 3 easy steps: with the angled brush, SHAPE brows with the pigmented waterproof wax that adapts to your natural brow color and holds the brow shape for 12 hours. Then, still with the angled brush, SHADE the brows with the powder that gives natural buildable color. Lastly, STYLE the brows with the spooled brush that grooms hairs into shape.


For ladies like me who prefer pencils then grab the Brow Artist Designer Pro (Php 500), a 3-in-1 pencil that allows you to shape, shade, and style your brows with ease. It features 3 products in one slim tube: a crayon pencil, a brow powder, and a brow brush. Experience the art of brows in 3 easy steps: SHAPE the brows by lining in the arch with the crayon tip, SHADE by filling with the powder, and STYLE into place with the brow brush. Both come in 2 shades, and I got 02 Light to Medium.

So let me present to you my customized kit, I'm truly happy and excited to try all these at home: 


More photos of the event: 

when is this launching here?!
Another interesting come on was for each station, you can pick a key which can open the lock that these hunks are wearing. I wasn't expecting anything (oh who am I kidding, I wanted to win!) and just randomly picked locks from the fishbowls.


First attempt, no cigar. Second attempt, and the lock opened! Yahoo! Hey, I was promised that I could bring the guy home. L'Oreal team, what the heck happened? :P

So anyway, I shall be testing all these new goodies and expect a review soon. In the meantime, rush to a L'Oreal counter near you and swatch your heart out!

Know more at https://www.facebook.com/LOrealParisPhilippines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment