Monday, August 24, 2015

Ilog Maria Honey Propolis Throat Spray: Relief for Cough & Sore Throat

Okay folks, I almost have my voice back. Before I went to Baler two weeks ago, I caught a bug and have been coughing ever since. Common sense will tell you not to exert too much effort speaking when your voice is raspy and all, but lookie Kira went on overdrive and starting talking to everyone nonstop. So when I travelled back to Manila, my throat really hurt and I had lost my voice. I was also on antibiotics, thankyouverymuch, and stayed home the week after to recuperate. 

It's a little funny that when my cough was winding down, I discovered that I had the Ilog Maria Honey Propolis Throat Spray in the fridge. I had "hoarded" a couple of bottles from...I don't even remember when. 

Breath Freshener & Bacteriostatic Throat & Mouth Spray
Made from ILOG MARIA Virgin Honey, Propolis Gold & Peppermint / Spearmint Oils. Prevents colds and coughs, even fever/flu, if taken immediately after an "itchy throat" is felt. Spray twice on tonsils at first sign of a cough or cold. Soothes sore throat and smoker´s cough. Excellent for cold sores or "singaw". Clears itchy throat & hoarse voice fast. 
Price: Php 88/30ml (resellers charge more)
Where to buy: www.ilogmaria.com 
It's basically a handy-dandy breath spray that helps relieve cough, sore throat, and other ailments due to the propolis ingredient which is known to fight against bacteria, viruses, and fungi. It's also said to have anti-inflammatory effects and propolis, when applied directly to skin, can even help heal wounds. 

For the uninitiated, Ilog Maria is a local skin care line based on honey and propolis ingredients. The bee farm is located in Cavite and the brand itself has had a cult following for many years. They rarely advertise and just rely on word of mouth and the efficacy of their products, very unlike Human Nature that seems to be everywhere these days. 

Ilog Maria has had a steady following as their products are very affordable and come in limited quantities (therefore more "valuable"). Since the products created are based on what the bees can only produce (and according to the owner the bees have been producing less due to climate/environmental changes), hoarding is therefore discouraged. 

How does it taste?

Delightfully minty with a slight bitter taste. Directions say that I should spray this on tonsils twice but let me warn you that it can get addicting at times and you might find yourself spraying more often.

Effects

I'd say that because of the cool, minty taste, it can help relieve sore and itchy throat, plus to a certain degree it has helped bring my voice back. Hooray!

Expiration and potency

It's indicated on the website that it expires 6 months after purchase but as per Ilog Maria (of course I had to email to clarify this bit):
We put 6 months as the expiry date for government purposes but because we use natural ingredients, it does not really expire. Honey does not rot and propolis is a natural preservative. What may happen though is it will darken and the minty-ness will be gone. But because you stored it in the refrigerator all this time, it has helped to further preserve it :)
Mine has definitely gone beyond the 6-month mark and it's still minty (I kept mine chilled), and yes it still alleviates my scratchy throat. So if you're on the hunt for an all-natural yet effective throat spray (or you just want your normal voice back after several late nights at the videoke place, heartbroken much?), check this product out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment