Tuesday, August 4, 2015

New Flight Destinations from Philippine Airlines

"You're not going to believe this, but flying used to be quite romantic. To fly -- people couldn't believe it. You only get that in little kids now. But back at the start, there was this sense of the future about flying. You were buying a ticket to this experience, this wonderful thing. There was this expectation that something thrilling would happen, that being off the ground could take you out of your world for a few hours. I felt that way the first times I flew. [With] every liftoff -- for 50 years -- we would hold hands when we took to the air. Not out of fear. Out of wonder." 
- The Number of People Who Meet on Airplanes
For someone who's been flying since birth because our family situation is not of the cookie-cutter type (i.e. my Dad is not based in Manila), I have learned to appreciate the thrill and privilege of flying. You fly because you want to be transported to a different world, you want to escape your predictable city life, to meet new people, explore new places. Flying also meant you only had to wait a mere couple of hours to cross continents, it is the bridge that connects you to your loved ones; no matter how far, flying always got you there in the shortest time possible.

New Delhi, India in 2012 via Philippine Airlines
Call me an idealist but I've always believed flying to be topnotch and special. Sometimes it's not just about the destination but it's also the experience of the plane ride itself. And of course, Philippine Airlines has always been my choice. This is not a sponsored post, mind you, because whether I am a paying or a non-revenue passenger (on account of my sister), I do choose to travel via PAL.

Headed to Korea and watching "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes"
If you're a fellow globetrotter/jet-setter and in the midst of planning your 2015-2016 itinerary, then you'd be happy to know that Philippine Airlines is expanding its reach and will be opening new exciting destinations both local and abroad.

On its 74th year, our country’s flag carrier is set to launch flights from Manila to the following destinations: 

  • Port Moresby (Papua New Guinea) this October 2015 
  • Auckland (New Zealand) via Cairns (Australia) on December 2015

Additionally, PAL has also launched its services earlier this year to New York (USA), Guangzhou (China), Tablas (Romblon) and opened new inter-island flights in Visayas and Mindanao. PAL also reintroduced its Business class service to Cebu and Davao.

The super cool (and selfie-inclined) PAL President and Chief Operating Officer Jaime J. Bautista said, "The new routes will allow PAL to cater to the travel needs of both business and leisure travelers and OFWs, while offering PAL’s distinct brand of service marked by Filipino warmth, charm, and hospitality. It will also help build tourism for the Philippines from new international markets."


To help promote these milestones, PAL invited travel and lifestyle bloggers to a Digital Quiz Night in Vyne BGC, it was a great opportunity for travel aficionados to mingle while I was able to catch up with my blogger friends I haven't seen in months. 

Sandwiched between Julia and Phoebe
Phoebe with Jaime Bautista (President & COO)
Celebrating all things travel, PAL generously raffled off tickets to their newest destinations and lucky Phoebe won herself a trip to Auckland! Can't say I'm not envious of you, girl! :)

More photos of the event:

Bamboo rocked the night
David Lim (SVP - Commercial Group),
Eric Tan (AVP - Int'l. Passenger Sales) with bloggers who won the raffle
Tita Noemi won a travel certificate, too!
She's pictured with the host (left) and Ryan Uy (VP-Sales) 
Tish Ramirez (Sector Manager-Int'l. Passenger Sales),
Jed Menes (Social Media Marketing Officer), Eya Prospero (Office of the President)
Towards the end of the night, I was able to talk with Sir Ryan who was encouraging me to try scuba diving (I am terrified of even attempting to snorkel for fear of sharks), but then again I was also trying to get him to surf. I guess, we all need to get out of comfort zone, yes?


Another milestone: this was also my first joint event with my sister! It was so nice to be able to support something that we both love, and I'd like to thank PAL for inviting me. I look forward to joining the next one :)

To read all about my travel shenanigans (via PAL, of course), visit: 

Adventures in Batanes
Adventures in India
Adventures in Korea
Adventures in Singapore 
Adventures in Dakak

0 Comments:

Post a Comment