Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Current Eye Creams on Rotation

In the world of skin care, I am most excited by sunscreen first and eye cream second. Sunscreen, well obviously because it's a daily non-negotiable and I need it for surfing, and eye cream because my eyes are naturally puffy and I have to address some fine lines that have been developing since college. 

But the one thing you must also know about me is I am not monogamous with my beauty products. I tend to rotate brands and products depending on my need and mood. And I think that's how it should be anyway. As the weather changes and our skin grows older, develops more spots, becomes less elastic, we always have to switch up products. 

So here are the eye creams that I've been using for the past few months:


Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye

My Mom swears by the Midnight Recovery Serum stating that it really perks up her complexion and makes her look well-rested. Well the eye cream version of that is no different: it keeps the eye area supple and young-looking even if you've had only 4 hours of sleep. The non-migrating cream is thick, moisturizing, but heavily fragranced with lavender (stay away if you're allergic) and I only use this at night. It's expensive for such a small size (the one I have is a sample from a previous purchase at the Kiehl's boutique) and I'm not sure if I'd like to repurchase.

Burt's Bees Daisy White Eye Cream

Refreshingly citrus-scented, this is best used in the morning because the texture is more lightweight than the others featured in this post. 99% natural (though FYI Burt's Bees is owned globally by Clorox) it contains Daisy White extract to "brighten" the skin around the eyes. I like the texture and finish of this but it makes my under-eye area perspire on a really hot summer day. Does it really brighten? Well, if you have brown under-eye circles which is caused by constant rubbing or hyperpigmentation, then this eye cream may be able to help.

Clinique All About Eyes Rich


This is one of the reasons why I like purchasing in certain boutique branches. I love samples (who doesn't?) and I'm always inclined to come back when I am handed teeny samples to try out at home. I've always been a fan of Clinique eye creams and I've hoarded so many during my trips to Bugis. This feels really luxe (thick and emollient), moisturizes the eye area like no other (chiefly due to its shea butter ingredient), and feels silky on the skin. I'd recommend this for dry and aging skin or if you want to amp up your game, use this twice daily or once if you don't want the added weight pre-makeup.

Confused?

Bottomline is if you are in your 20s and want to maintain the suppleness of the skin around the eye area (read: no noticeable problems yet such as wrinkles or bags) then choose the Burt's Bees Daisy White Eye Cream. If you're in your 30s (like me) and under frequent sun exposure or have been harboring some bad habits (eye rubbing, tugging, etc.) then choose Clinique All About Eyes Rich. If you have more money to spare and need to alleviate obvious wrinkles, then the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye Cream may be your best best (pair this with the serum and you'll see stellar results).

So that's that! Once I'm out of these I can move on to my other eye creams waiting in the wing. What's your current eye cream of choice? Do you rotate beauty products, too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment