Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Skinwhite #BetterMe Campaign

I'm not one to encourage people to whiten/lighten their skin just so they can please society, but I do respect what other people want to do in order to gain the confidence they need to finish the job. Whatever floats your boat, I always say. The harsh reality is people still look at skin color and judge people accordingly, when in fact it has nothing to do with one's ability and credibility. 


Being at the receiving end of so many condescending comments when I first turned darker, I understood the stigma (so harsh a word but you know what I mean) of not being the typical definition of pretty. I can only imagine how hard it is to be a teen nowadays: trying to excel in school, struggling to make sense of everything that's happening physically and emotionally, while staying true to who you really are. Sometimes I browse my social media platforms and wonder how these young people are able to cope with so much pressure to stand out, to outdo everyone (on Instagram and FB where everyone's life seems so curated and perfect), or even fit in. At the expense of being called a Tita (har-har), I'm so glad I didn't have FB and Instagram when I was growing up. 

About Skinwhite's #BetterMe Campaign

Hoping to make a big difference in the lives of teens, Skinwhite created The Captivate Council to help inspire and give them the confidence inside and out. Started in 2013, The #BetterMe movement handpicked teens from prestigious college campuses in the country and taught them to celebrate their own unique beauty. The basis for making this prestigious cut? Their accomplishments at school and ability to inspire others with their go-getting, stay confident attitude.

Each member was treated to a fashion and beauty makeover where they were taught how to enhance their own individual assets and body type. To look even more gorgeous during their makeover shoot, the girls prepped their skin from head to toe by trying out samples of the SkinWhite Power Whitening Face Cream Powder (to score a powdery fresh, white glow on their complexion) and SkinWhite Advanced Power Whitening Lotion (for instantly whiter, brighter skin upon application).


Skinwhite Products

Skinwhite also sent me samples of their best-selling products but I'll be honest and admit that I'm not open to using/testing them as I beach every month and it would negate any whitening effects, plus I'm very satisfied with my current skin color. But I do love the personalized overnight bag though and will be using this on my future beach trips. 


Skinwhite basically boasts of its unique Synchrowhite action that whitens the skin's surface, nourishes the skin with vitamins, plus protects you from the harsh rays of the sun. I received the:
SkinWhite Advanced PowerWhitening Lotion (Php 71/50ml, Php123.25/75ml, Php 235/200ml)
A lotion that uses an exclusive Advanced Tripower Technology to instantly and continuously whiten your skin and help you reveal your whitest white. It also contains a Vitanourish formula that’s spiked with vitamins B3, B5 and E to give your skin intense moisturization and protects you from UV rays and further skin darkening with SPF20. 
SkinWhite Advanced Whitening Facial Cleanser 75ml, 135ml
Contains micro-exfoliating technology and Witch Hazel Extract to help banish acne, give your blush white skin, and helps prevent dryness with its Vitanourish Formula.  
Skinwhite Advanced Power Whitening Soap (Php 26/65g, Php 44.50/90g, Php 60.75/125 g)
Contains a Vitanourish formula that contains vitamins B5, B3, and E to effectively whiten, soften, and hydrate your skin.
If you're a student on a budget looking for products that can even out skin tone or help alleviate pimples and blemishes, you might want to check out SkinWhite. Let me know what you think of them in the comments. 

For more information on the Skinwhite #BetterMe campaign, visit http://skinwhite.com.ph/captivate/about/ and like their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/skinwhite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment