Friday, July 24, 2015

Koji Curving Eyelash Curler

This month started just a teeny bit crazy. People who work in sales will agree that our schedules tend to be erratic and at times, unbearable even. But I'm glad that I get to "chill" a bit this week and breathe a little, even squeeze in a couple of blog posts before the weekend.

Anyway, this is a quick review on my favorite eyelash curler which was sent by Koji last year when I was still working as BizDev Officer of Glamourbox. I had intended to review it sooner but forgot, although I have been using it religiously ever since I got it.


Like everyone else, I went through a Shu Uemura phase, then moved on to Fanny Serrano's version (which people say is an acceptable dupe), discovered the Koji Curving Eyelash Curler (Php 995~) and never looked back. Dramatic, no?


First of all, let me talk about the plastic storage case. If you apply makeup on the go or travel a lot, this case ensures that your curler is protected from deformation and bacteria. Why didn't anyone else think of creating a case for their curlers? This is ingenious if you want it to last longer.


The star is of course the curler itself. Asian eyes will love this as it is wider, hugs the contours of the eyes comfortably therefore grasping and curling all the lashes into a fan shape. The handle itself is sleeker and longer, easier to grip in my opinion.


The rubber pad is thicker than that of Shu Uemura's and refills are readily available for Php 199.75/3 pcs in most Koji kiosks at The Ramp or Landmark (though be warned they do go fast).


To show you how it curls, here are a few photos (please forgive my current skin condition as I'm still trying to alleviate some bumps and rashes):

bare lashes
let's curl them up!
Let's apply some mascara and today I am choosing my basic every day one called the Maybelline Volum Express The Falsies (click for my review).

my first time to use a curved brush

And that's how the lashes look like with your basic mascara. The Koji Curving Eyelash Curler gently creates a curve from the roots and makes the lashes fan out slightly, I imagine the results would be stellar-slash-dependent on what kind of mascara you use as well.

On another note, I'm considering purchasing a macro lens for my Nikon camera. My G12 has unfortunately died on me and instead of spending on a new camera, might as well maximize my DSLR.

So anyway, what do you think of the Koji Curving Eyelash Curler? Have you tried it? Care to share your HG curler?

3 Comments:

  1. I never used curler so no idea. But it sounds amazing. Falsies by Maybelline is a perfect thingy. I loved it. Nice blog. Lets follow each other :)I blog @ izdiher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurice ReasondaJuly 25, 2015 at 7:03 PM

    hi saan po makakabili nito?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got this in Creations Salon before, not sure if they still carry it. Check the CYNOS Facebook page and inquire :)

    ReplyDelete