Friday, June 12, 2015

Recent Faves: Juicy Colors + Lip-Loving Formulations

It may be pouring outside, but darling in my head it's still summer. When I'm at the beach I wear zero makeup and just pile on sunscreen, but oftentimes I'd feel the need to apply some lip color so as not to look dead. My lips are not pigmented unfortunately, and I look pale and unkempt with just balm on.


So I rounded up some lip products that I think you'd be interested to check out, these come in sheer washes of color that I imagine would work on most skin tones. Even if you're not a beach bum these are still great for every day use, plus they all contain emollient and occlusive ingredients to further enhance lips.

Pop Beauty Plump Pout in Honey Rose
Loaded with peptides, avocado and jojoba oils, this non-tacky gloss leaves lips shiny and moisturized. I even feel a tingling sensation after application which I suspect is the "lip plumping" action happening, please be warned in case you're allergic to that type of ingredient. The Honey Rose shade is also a nice mauve MLBB color (when used on its own) but it can be used on top of lipstick for added shine.

Max Factor Colour Intensifying Balm in Voluptuous Pink
It took me a long, long time to embrace the use of lipsticks on a daily basis as I was always a balm-type of girl. I loved the moisturizing feel, the see-through color, and fool-proof application. But when I started to become a somewhat more "serious" working girl, then I decided to amp up my game with deeper berry lipsticks. BUT when I'm feeling more relaxed (i.e. at the beach or on weekends), I still reach out for my colored balms and this one from Max Factor is a must-try.

Voluptuous Pink is indeed a dainty shade of sheer pink that is buildable. It's also chock-full of mango butter, shea butter, and cocoa butters that leave lips moisturized, no need to use balm underneath unless you have really chapped lips. It has a strong sweet scent which I am not a huge fan of, but I like the pink stain it leaves on lips once the balmy sheen part is gone.


Snoe Magic Beso Balm Color Changing Lip Treatment
In the tradition of those color changing balms that were a huge hit a couple of years back, this one by Snoe is a more affordable dupe. It is essentially a mint balm that transforms into your own "customized shade of pink" upon application. I like the mentholated feel and the pink stain it leaves on lips lasts even after drinking or eating. It contains beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, shea butter, and vitamin E for added nourishment, but it succeeds more color-wise than in the moisturizing department. I think ladies with really dry lips will need a more hardworking balm than this.

Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm in Rosy Red
Ah, I am reminded of the time I collected almost all of the Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balms. These crayons toe the line between lipstick and balm because it provides opaque color, shine, and moisture but in a very lightweight formulation. Add the fact that all Pixi products have skin-loving ingredients and you've got yourself a keeper.

Burt's Bees Lip Gloss in Ruby Moon
The fact that this gloss is 100% natural is an achievement in itself! Boasting of sunflower oil that's rich in fatty acids, this gloss gives a sheer wash of berry color and keeps skin healthy and moisturized. This could be a natural version of Pop Beauty's Honey Rose except it's pearlized and not as pigmented.

What other lip-loving products have you tried? 
Share them with me in the comments and I might just be tempted to purchase :)

2 Comments:

  1. Great picks :) I wear tints too on the lips and cheeks when I go to the beach. Not as obvious in pictures but it makes me look less like a sea creature when I have something on ze lips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks. Sometimes I forget din to "beautify" myself because I'm too cooped up with swimming :D

    ReplyDelete