Wednesday, June 17, 2015

New Discovery: Kala Milk Soaps

I've always been a bar soap kind of girl. You can show me all the fancy and heavily scented shower gels but you can't deny the practicality of having a reliable bar of soap in the shower. Thank god, soaps nowadays are gentler, are concocted using [natural] ingredients, and comes with various skin care benefits. 

One brand that I discovered last month is Kala Milk Soap. Or maybe it's more appropriate to say that they "discovered" me since they reached out first, haha. In any case, if you're a longtime reader of this blog you know that products kade with natural origins are really top priority in my book. So of course I was more than excited to try out the whole line. 


Most soaps that I've tried use coconut oil (or other oils) as base, but Kala Milk Soap proudly claims to be the first soap that uses local Carabao Milk as its base ingredient. What's so good about carabao milk? Aside from it being so yummy (I love the milk and the cheese!), it contains the highest content of good butter fat which is known to be a good skin moisturizer, as well as lactic acid (naturally occurring in milk) considered a mild exfoliant that helps improve skin's texture and battle fine lines.

Now, these soaps come in several variants: Milk, Honey & Oats, Peppermint, Coffee, Green Tea, Citronella, Lavender, and Lemongrass. I was hard-pressed at picking the first one to use but I eventually settled for Citronella for its refreshing and grassy scent.


My faves so far (scent-wise) would be Honey & Oats, Peppermint (of course!), and Coffee. The soap itself is pale yellow and is densely packed and lathers well just like regular soap. It also relatively lasts long even when left in the soap dish (some soaps melt right away). For picky and sensitive noses, the scent is very mild and doesn't really last long on skin.

Overall I think these soaps are decently moisturizing but I'd still suggest applying a body oil or lotion for added softness. It's funny because I should've read the label/press kit better as I initially didn't know that they contained lactic acid! I'm not sensitive to this ingredient BUT I did notice that my tan faded immediately after a week while using this soap (as mentioned above lactic acid is an exfoliant). First rule of maintaining a tan is to use non-exfoliating products in order to keep the color intact, haha :P

Apart from the fact that Kala Milk Soaps are proudly Pinoy-made, with every purchase you're also helping farmers of Bulacan sustain their livelihood, plus a portion of the sales goes to the Children of Small Dairy Farmers Educational Fund

You can purchase Kala Milk Soaps for Php 99 (sale price) at Beauty MNL


What's your favorite all natural soap? 
Share them with me in the comments :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment