Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Human Nature Detoxifying Mask + Scrub

Can you believe it, I haven't had a facial or visited my Dermatologist in months! I guess I'm pretty scared that she'll scold me because I've gotten so dark, plus I'm also budgeting my expenses and a facial (or anything prettifying) is not high priority at the moment.

My skin savior of choice is Human Nature Detoxifying Mask + Scrub which has been around for a while but I only got curious about it 2 weeks ago. I've been wary of using facial scrubs because although they leave my skin smooth upon rinsing, some brands can be drying after repeated use. Plus I'm not too keen on using products that have whitening ingredients in it, or make use of those dreaded plastic microbeads. Thankfully, this Human Nature scrub has none of those.

This luxurious spa-in-a-tube beauty treat contains deeply purifying strawberry seeds, bamboo granules, and kaolin clay, plus skin-renewing multifruit extracts to dissolve excess oil, clear pores, and gently polish away dead skin cells for a brighter, healthier complexion.

Price: Php 249/100g 
Where to buy: http://humanheartnature.com/

Exfoliates skin gently
The formula is creamy but contains enough crushed bamboo and strawberry seeds to give skin a thorough but gentle exfoliation. Just rub a dollop on your skin and you'll feel that the scrub is abrasive enough to get rid of dead skin cells and comedones without leaving skin pink.


Apart from the obvious physical scrubbies, this product also contains AHA in the form of sugar cane, lemon, and orange fruit extracts that further slough off dead skin cells. The added kaolin clay detoxifies skin and removes excess sebum.

Scent
I'm not a fan of strawberry scents (which is what the original scrub has), but this variant smells deliciously of bilberries which is more tolerable. The scent is refreshingly faint and it does stay on skin for a while after rinsing (I am still sniffing my hand as of writing -- berrylicious, yum!).

Packaging
I do love my facial masks, but sometimes I get too lazy to have to scoop out all the goodness from the tub using a spatula. Tube packaging is a girl's best friend because it's easy to squeeze out the contents, easy to tote around or pack for trips, it's also durable and easy to grip in the shower.

How to use
As the name implies, the Human Nature Detoxifying Mask + Scrub can be used two ways:

Scrub: Just apply a generous amount on damp skin and gently scrub face in circular motions. Rinse off with water and pat skin dry. I do this once to twice a week max.

Mask: Apply a generous amount to dry skin, leave on for 3-5 minutes and then gently rinse off.


This is one of my favorite scrubs at the moment, and I purchased mine in Landmark Trinoma but you can also get one from the Human Nature website.

What do you use to [gently] exfoliate your skin? 
Share them in the comments :)

3 Comments:

  1. I love the Human Heart Nature bamboo face wash I think it was for oily skin? It's a little harsh for my taste but I love the smell!!! I agree about the plastic micro beads! I just remembered to be diligent again when I saw your post! Brb going through my scrubs now! :) :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have a full tub of body scrub plus whitening toothpastes with plastic microbeads. Won't be repurchasing those anymore @CJ :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this one was soo god

    ReplyDelete