Sunday, May 17, 2015

VMV Skintangible “Faint”ation Skin-Refining Non-Makeup SPF 30

You know what sucks about being darker (even just a tad darker)? Is that I really have to re-think my whole base, not that I have a whole shebang of bases and color correctors to begin with. A usual day for me is to just apply my VMV Armada 60 sunscreen topped with mineral powder and I'm off, that's pretty much how "made up" I look every single day. But since I've tanned a bit, my sunscreen looks rather pasty on me. Oh what's a girl to do? 

And then one day I remembered VMV's Skintangible which is a tinted moisturizer loaded with SPF 30. I used to think it looked a little too dark/muddy when I first tried it, (take note I was a couple of shades lighter then -- think NC 25), but now when swatched it practically disappeared into my skin. I went home with a purse-sized bottle right then and there.

This barely-there, “dew” lightful non-makeup is tinted subtly, beautifully, evening out skin tone and refining the complexion. With antioxidants and purely mineral SPF sunscreens to protect against fine lines, hyperpigmentations and other signs of (photo) aging. With monolaurin plus other monoglycerides - all coconut-derived, soothing, anti-acne and anti-inflammatory.
Mutli-purpose: It can be used alone as a barely-there non-makeup that leaves the complexion incredibly natural looking yet “skintriguingly” more refined. It also works under makeup as a skin-friendly, skin enhancing primer. 
Price: Php 600/12g
Thin and lightweight, the formula was really made for our summer weather and I imagine ladies with combi-oily skin will love this because it melts right into skin. Though it does have a dewy finish, it does not harbor any of that typical sunscreen scent -- it's almost scentless/fragrance-free methinks. Here's a quick rundown of what I love and don't love about Skintangible: 

What I love: 

  • full of physical (inorganic) mineral sunscreen and listing zinc oxide and titanium dioxide as its active ingredients, these ingredients are touted as safer to use on skin as compared to their chemical counterparts (read more on that here)
  • contains monolaurin to help combat blemishes
  • gives a subtle glowy finish, great for enhancing a sun-kissed look
  • lightweight, skin does not look and feel coated
  • decently moisturizes skin
  • did not aggravate my pimples or cause dermatitis, safe for people with sensitive skin
  • will match most skintones
  • almost fragrance-free, does not smell of typical sunsceens
  • can be used as is or as a primer before makeup
  • purse bottle dispenses the proper amount, I don't go overboard and thus it makes the product more economical
  • this small version is handy for travel

What I don't love: 

  • transfers to hankies, tissues, clothes especially if you perspire or  become oily
  • if you're looking for coverage for blemishes and whatnot, this may not be enough


If you find that most BB creams in the market are too grey, too light, too heavy, or simply break you out, then the VMV Skintangible is something you might want to try. Coming from the famed VMV, a world-renowend skin-friendly company, you can be sure that this product won't harm or aggravate sensitive skin. 

Although far from being an actual BB cream-slash-foundation, the VMV Skintangible does an excellent job as a lightweight skin moisturizer and skintone enhancer. It can, to a certain degree, even out skin tone though it won't cover up dark circles, blemishes, acne marks, and discoloration. And of course, you gotta love the SPF 30 :)

Have you tried VMV Skintangible? Is it a toss or keep? 
Let me know in the comments. 

2 Comments:

  1. I really like the way their stuff is packaged. It's very Khiel's in a way. :)

    CJ | From Manila with Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. @CJ! Yes, the packaging is very clean and clinical, makes me trust the brand more :D

    ReplyDelete