Saturday, May 23, 2015

The Prettiest: Pixi Spring Into Summer 2015 Collection

Nothing thrills me more than beautifully packaged press gifts, and I gushed to the Glamourbox team how pretty (and girly) the new Pixi Spring Collection is. And that dried pressed flower that was added as an afterthought? Totally genius!


If you recall, I had an "obsession" with Pixi last year where I almost hoarded all of their Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balms, that's short of saying this brand is one of my favorites and will always have a special place in my heart.

Alright, on to this new collection. Let me show you what I got in order of favorites:

Glow Mist - Php 950


A full-sized mist as big as this is always welcome in my book! The mint green bottle unmistakably spells F-R-E-S-H. The first thing I did was to check the ingredients list and I'm happy to report that it's made of mostly natural extracts such as argan oil, propolis, jojoba seed oil (this made my eyes pop -- love jojoba!), tea tree oil, aloe vera and fruit extracts, to name a few.

In true Pixi form, it works as a skin refresher and nourisher (when used on bare skin), and makeup setting spray (when sprayed after makeup application). That's what nice about Pixi products, they're always multipurpose. What I love though is that I can use this midday when I need to liven up my makeup, de-grease my face, or when I'm simply feeling warm. It's a great way to cool down in between meetings, too (and god knows I'm having more than 3 meetings per day now, and I am totally exhaused!).

The formulation itself smells rather herbal and the droplets when spritzed are tiny and won't disturb makeup. I am inclined to compare this to my Caudalie Beauty Elixir which I already have in my bag every day, but I'll reserve my comparisons for another blog post. Bottomline, unlike other facial mists that I tend to shy away from, the Pixi Glow Mist is a must-have because it does not irritate my sensitive skin.

LipLift Max - Php 790


Placing this second is a no-brainer because I love anything laden with mint. This is a clear gloss that you can use on bare lips or on top of your lipstick, it has a minty scent plus gives a sheepish tingle to lips. I used this the last time I went to the beach (because who wears full makeup to the beach?!) for a glistening pout, and I couldn't stop pressing and tasting my lips. It's as if I was chewing mint gum! The feel on the lips is not tacky at all, and I'd recommend applying before a smoochfest with your man *wink*

The packaging is plastic but it does have a bit of heft to it, and may I mention that pink + mint green is just tres chic! Loaded with aloe (for healing), jojoba (for moisture), chamomile (to soothe), and peptides (for plumper lips -- though I didn't notice any plumping at all), my only wish is that there are pigmented versions of these!

Endless Silky Eye Intensify Duo - Php 890


Soft and creamy, there's a deep rich cocoa hue on one end and a brightening golden beige on the other. Both are perfect for that natural "makeup to wakeup" look Pixi is known for, and will last for hours if you line your eyes and wait for it to set for a couple of seconds. I'd prefer these over crazy vibrant eye liners any day, and is a welcome alternative to my overly used black eyeliner.

Brow Powder Palette - Php 750


It's hard to place this last because this palette is such a beauty, but since I've been using brow pencils for years I have since forgotten how to define my brows using shadow. I will have to practice again, BUT, this palette can also be used as an eyeshadow, too (way to go, Pixi!), so all is not lost. I prefer matte neutrals over shimmer as I'd reserve the latter for the cheeks or an all-over face highlighter.

If you change hair colors often or it lightens with constant saltwater immersion (which is what usually happens to mine), then you will find this palette useful because you can mix and match to your heart's desire, and you don't have to tote too many products to make sure that your brows match your hair. 

All these are available on www.glamourbox.ph, head to site to explore the whole Pixi range. Thanks to the Glamourbox team for sending me these lovely products :)

Which of these products strike your fancy? Spill!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment