Wednesday, April 22, 2015

First Impressions: Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cleanser & Soothing Lotion for Sensitive Skin

I've noticed that every time I undergo too much sun exposure even with adequate sun protection, the skin on my forehead and around my nose itches. Small bumps appear usually after a few days, I'd have my regular facial but they would still persist. And since my beach trips/pool sessions were just a couple of weeks apart, the bumps never really went away. I suspect I may have perioral dermatitis (I do get dermatitis occasionally when I'm testing new makeup or skin care and I'm not hiyang), so now I had to taper my skin care regimen and use only ultra mild products without any SLS, parabens, paraffin, etc. 

So, I broke open my Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cleanser & Soothing Lotion for Sensitive Skin which was lovingly sent to me by good friend Ivvah from the UK. Famously known as the skin care brand Victoria Beckham swears by, German brand Weleda was born in 1921 and offers holistic natural (and organic) cosmetics and pharmaceutical products dedicated towards the support and restoration of human health.


Almond Soothing Cleansing Lotion
Almond Soothing Cleansing Lotion is a hypo-allergenic and fragrance-free cleanser to help soothe irritation and maintain skin's healthy balance while gently removing impurities. Organic sweet almond oil, rich in essential fatty acids, helps nourish and soothe sensitive skin while maintaining its natural protective barrier. Plum kernel oil, high in antioxidants A and E, softens skin while protecting from environmental influences.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Alcohol, Prunus Domestica (Plum) Seed Oil, Xanthan GumLactic Acid 
Price:  $19.50/75ml
I use this as step 2 in my double cleansing routine. I apply a dollop of this rich cleanser on either dry or moist skin, massaging gently around the nose, chin, and eye area to remove excess sebum, makeup, or dirt that my micellar water may have missed. It's very gentle and there is absolutely no stinging nor does it make my vision cloudy.

After washing off, my skin is left soft and moisturized. It's basically fragrance-free though it does smell of almond. I don't like almonds (both the nut and scent) and if you can't stand it as well, I'm proud to report that the scent is mild enough and is surprisingly pleasant.

My only caveat is I wish they had larger sizes! I'd use up this 75ml tube in no time as the consistency is a little runny compared to other cleansing creams :(

Almond Soothing Facial Lotion
Almond Soothing Facial Lotion is a fragrance-free, hypoallergenic moisturizer that strengthens skin's natural protective barrier, helps restore balance and calms sensitive skin. Almond Soothing Facial Lotion is free of potentially irritating chemicals, preservatives and fragrances.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Prunus Domestica (Plum) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid.
Price:  $24.50/30ml 
I was initially not too keen on parking my Celeteque Water-based Moisturizer, in this heat how could you say no to anything that's gel-based, right? But, I had to minimize silicones in my skin care so I just bit the bullet. Now, this lotion applies smoothly and melts on skin upon application and ladies with dry skin would immediately love this; but as I was more on the combi side, I wasn't too happy with the sheen. However this was easily rectified by topping it with VMV Armada 60 which dries to a matte finish.

If anything, my skin was definitely moisturized the whole day and surprisingly, the lotion's consistency wasn't heavy and I didn't look like a total greaseball under the sun. I'll be using this continuously for optimum results, so far my skin looks less irritated and less pink.

It's also interesting to note that all of Weleda's packaging mainly involves aluminum tubes with a plastic top/cover, this is in line with their goal to lessen plastic consumption and trash globally.

Have you tried anything from Weleda?
I'd love to get my hands on their other facial care products :)



For more info, visit http://usa.weleda.com/index.aspx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment