Monday, April 27, 2015

Doggie-Approved: Merry Hempsters Organic Dog Salve Topical Healing Balm

Pet lovers will agree that we treat our little ones like babies. I carry Epsilon up the stairs, kiss him a million times per day, and even talk to him and ask about his day when I get home from work (he doesn't verbally answer of course, but he does look at me intently and licks my face).


Komiki (my Shih Tzu) on the other hand, is pretty spritely for a breed that is supposedly a lap dog. She chases delivery guys, bullies the other much larger dogs at home, checks the perimeter every once in a while (I have seen her walking around the second floor of the house just checking if everything is in order before going to sleep), and is (as expected) always up to no good. Their personalities are polar opposites but I love them to bits.

Which is why whenever brands send me products for us to try, I get really giddy. Beauty products are always expected since my blog mostly deals with beauty and lifestyle, but when I receive pet products then I really, really get over the moon. Like this Organic Dog Salve Topical Healing Balm from Merry Hempsters which was sent over by the lovely Rebecca of Cutieverse last year. She thoughtfully gave me a full-sized tube to try, and I immediately remembered it when Epsilon has this little "emergency" a few months back. 

Formulated using only USDA certified organic ingredients, Merry Hempsters Organic Dog Salve is not only safe and effective, but also supports environmentally friendly organic growing practices. The easy roll on applicator will keep your hands clean. Organic Dog Salve has nourishing Hemp Seed Oil that contains essential nutrients for healthy skin. Organic Dog Salve is perfect for helping soothe your furry friend's hot spots, cuts, insect bites, abrasions, and other minor skin irritations.
Ingredients: Organic Cannabis sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Organic Apis mellifera (Bees) Wax, (Organic Lavandula officinalis (Lavender) Flowers and Organic Calendula officinalis (Marigold) Flowers infused in Organic Helianthus (Sunflower) or Organic Olea europaea (Olive) Oil), Essential Oils of: Organic Lavandula officinalis (Lavender), Organic Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree) and Organic Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary), Non-GMO d-alpha Tocopheral (Vitamin E), Organic Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Extract
Price: Php 500/17.75g 
You see, Epsilon has a makeshift obstacle course in the garden and he's always in "explore mode." One day, I noticed that he was licking his paw and it was a little sore. The hair had fallen off which means he could've been scratching it for some time already. I cleaned the area with hydrogen peroxide, let it dry, and applied the Organic Dog Salve Topical Healing Balm once a day.

My initial reaction was, "Whoa, this smells strongly of lavender!" Epsilon didn't like the smell so much and that was good in the sense that he didn't attempt to lick it off his paw. In just a few days the sore had healed nicely.

Howdy from Komiki!
More recently though, Komiki has just came back from the vet and is now sporting a summer cut (her whole body save for her tail is shaved down to help her beat the heat), but she usually develops razor burn on certain parts of her body. She tends to scratch this and coupled with her newly-cut nails, this usually results to irritated patches of skin, sometimes she gets a wound even. So what I did of course was to clean the irritated part, apply betadine on the first day, then applied the Dog Salve the succeeding days after. In just a matter of 4 days, the wound crusted over, then the scab fell off revealing smooth skin underneath. This Dog Salve is magical, I tell ya, and no scars or allergic reactions, too.


Now before you get any wild ideas on the word "hemp," please be advised that the main ingredient of this dog salve is hemp seed oil which is different from its psychoactive cousin, marijuana (more on that here). Hemp seed oil has been known to heal skin irritations, bruises, bumps, even acne. According to the Merry Hempsters website, "It is rich in Omega 6, Omega 3 and GLA essential fatty acids, making it an excellent omega source for the vegan diet. The unsaturated fatty acid composition makes it an excellent emollient and ideal for body care products because it enters directly into the layers of dry skin cells to replenish missing oils."

Hemp seed oil has been deemed safe to use on skin and it has worked wonderfully on my dogs. If you're looking for an all-natural healing solution for your pet's skin irritations, I recommend the Merry Hempsters Organic Dog Salve Topical Healing Balm. You can get your own at Cutieverse and since it's a huge tube, it will last for many months.

After seeing how this worked so well, I'm curious to try beauty products with hemp seed oil as the main ingredient! How about you, have to tried anything with hemp seed oil? :)

To purchase, visit http://cutieverse.com/

6 Comments:

  1. I hope this works on my baby's hot spots. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this! Thanks for sharing Kira!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! Let me know if it works on cats, too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope so, too! The scent is strong but it works on Komiki and Epsilon :)

    ReplyDelete