Thursday, March 26, 2015

Venus & Mars Naturals Tsubaki Luxe Beauty Oil

I've long been preaching about the benefits of Argan Oil on dry, curly (natural or digipermed) hair. Now if you find Argan Oil too expensive, then a good alternative is the V&M Tsubaki Oil (also known as Camellia Japonica Oil). It's already a popular ingredient in hair care products in Japan, it's even in my favorite Innisfree Camellia Conditioner and Pure Beauty Treatment Conditioner from Watsons. I can attest to its hair-softening benefits as I've been using both conditioners for years. 

So naturally, it would make sense for me to use Tsubaki Oil in its pure form. 

Experience the luxury of true Japanese Tsubaki Bauty Oil. Native to Southern Japan, Tsubaki Oil comes from the famous cold-pressed anti-aging Camellia japonica seeds. It is an antioxidant-rich skin moisturizer. Also known as Rose of Winter, this beauty oil contains 85% Omega 9 Oleic acid which makes it a potent wrinkle corrector and can greatly diminish minor scars.
Price: Php 425/30ml

Tsubaki Oil is cold pressed from the fruit seeds of the Camellia Sinensis plant, a wild flower that grows in China and Japan. It's a multipurpose oil that is used on skin and hair, but I use it mainly to tame frizzies. It's light and easily absorbed, I'd say it works just like any other silicon-based serum sans the chemicals.


Compared to my V&M Argan Oil, I am liking this pump bottle better -- more hygienic and no spillage at all, even during travelling. I hope they all change their bottles because the dropper version is not sturdy at all, plus this pump one consistently dispenses the right amount.

So there you have it! Tsubaki Oil is a great alternative to Argan Oil, and more affordable, too! If you're looking for a hair softening serum, or a curl definer I would highly recommend this. I can't say how pure this is so I won't be able to give feedback on it as a skin moisturizer, but if your skin is not sensitive, I'd say give it a try!

Have you used Tsubaki Oil? 
Share your experiences with me in the comments. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment