Friday, March 6, 2015

Summer Must-Have: Nivea Sun Protect & Bronze Sun Spray SPF 20

Never in my entire life have I ever thought I would enjoy being tan. I've always preached the use of sunscreens (and I still think it's majorly important, FYI), and old friends would know me as the fair girl back in college. But my trip to Balesin last January opened the floodgates and now I can't stop thinking about how to become more tan and which beaches to visit. Seriously, I am willing forego my usual solo sojourns to Singapore and just head to La Union or Baler (or any local beach for that matter). I think it's time to shake things up a bit, wouldn't you agree?

Anyway, one product that's been a mainstay of my luggage is the Nivea Sun Protect & Bronze SPF 20. It's not necessarily a new product (I Googled and it was launched January 2014) but I only found out about it at the recent Nivea Come Closer launch.

Nivea Protect & Bronze sun spray combines immediate protection with a natural looking tan. *The formula contains a natural plant extract which helps support skin's own melanin production (in-vitro). Use regularly for an even and natural looking tan. Contains no self tan.
Price: Php 599/200ml 

So how does it work? 

It's a milky, watery sunscreen product that basically contains plant extracts that encourage skin's natural melanin production. What I like most about it is its lightweight, easily absorbed texture, very different from those sticky and pasty white sunscreens of yore. It applies and dries clear with a little sheen. If you're wearing delicate fabrics, I would suggest waiting for the formula to set to avoid possible transference. 

good morning!
The grooved bottle is easy to grip even when hands are wet or soaked with product, which is what usually happens when you're at the beach and applying sunscreen in a dash. Each pump sprays the proper amount, but ask the help of a friend (or a hunky surfer!) to apply it to your back for adequate coverage. *wink*

Tanning capabilities

You can use this in place of your regular sunscreen when at the beach and (depending on your skin color) it can help you achieve a light tan. I think the reason why it worked for me is because I've been to several beach trips so my color has developed over time due to continuous exposure. If you plan to just head to the beach once, then this won't give you that immediate and deep tan you're dreaming of. 


But, another good thing it can do is it can help maintain your existing tan until your next beach trip! Just use this every day to prolong the life of your tan, make sure to apply evenly on rough areas like elbows and knees. And may I add, the sheen also helps enhance your gams and shoulders. Very summery indeed!

Now while we're on the topic of tanning, have you guys tried any self-tanners? Please share your recommendations in the comments section :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment