This is such a great discovery that I had second thoughts about posting this because sometimes, I can be selfish too y'know :P. Anyway, I was looking for a good replacement for my Eye of Horus Brow Define which I found to be too expensive for daily use -- I used up the whole thing in just 2 months!.
I went to SM Department store and started a swatchfest of all brow products (pencil preferably) a couple of weeks ago. Several brands later, I chanced upon the Kate Eyebrow Pencil which seemed very similar to EOH and (here's the clincher) was even selling at half the price.
An eyebrow pencil with a superfine 1.5mm core to draw fine lines to the outer end of the eyebrows
Price: Php 420/.07g
What I like:
- small and compact, fits in even the smallest of kikay kits
- can be used as a brow definer and filler for sparse areas
- precise and easy to use, just apply small brush strokes for a natural look
- fool-proof, because the lead is hard even ladies with heavy hands can use this
- relatively long-lasting but not waterproof (will not survive swimming or surfing)
- comes in 6 shades (or at least I saw only 6 testers in SM)
- easy twist-up packaging
- very affordable and available in most department stores
What I don't like:
- no spoolie
- no cover, may be an issue to germophobes
|Eye of Horus Brow Define vs Kate Eyebrow Pencil|
Another thing, the lead of the Kate Eyebrow Pencil may not be as thin as the Eye of Horus version but it does make for a good dupe, and does feel sturdier. I won't be scared if I accidentally drop this, it seems like the packaging and the lead itself will survive the fall. There are about 4 shades available in the PH so if you find any of the other shades to your liking, then I'm sure you'll love this as much as I do.
That's me on the far right wearing the green dress. You can see how defined and pantay my brows are -- and that's only because of the Kate Eyebrow Pencil! You could say it's my favorite brow product of the moment :D
Any interesting department store discoveries lately?
Share them with me in the comments :)