Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Have you tried Tea Tree Oil on spots?

I am still on a surfing high but since it's back to work for most of us, here's a beauty-related post to jumpstart the week. Usually after any out-of-town trip that requires staying up late and eating way too many sweets/dairy (i.e. at my previous La Union trip), I break out along the chin area. This time though since I fell asleep with makeup + sunscreen on, I have a huge pimple on my right cheek. 


It was just perfect timing that I met up with a friend yesterday and she was nice enough to give me a full-on tour of the Human Nature store. I picked up a couple of things including their 100% Natural Tea Tree Oil which was part of their new Heritage line.

I've always known tea tree oil to be such an effective blemish-buster, but I haven't really used it in its purest form til now. I was told that it can hasten the healing of pimples and also dramatically lessen redness. So I'm testing it now and perhaps I'll write a full-on review if the results are impressive.

In the meantime, do you use Tea Tree Oil? Please share your experiences with me in the comments.

14 Comments:

  1. Curious din ako! Let me know how it goes. I've been breaking out lately since I turned 30, although I have it mostly under control now with a pimple eraser from Watsons (remember that SM beauty box they gave us before? Dun galing, I only recently opened it. DI pa siya expired thankfully, and it works). But once that's out, I need to find a replacement cos I don't think it's available in Watson's anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of pimple busters that I use on rotation for maintenance, but the blemish I have now is sort of inflamed (yuck) kaya I'm looking for a "stronger" alternative. I'll let you know how this fares.

    Grabe that pimple eraser is like 3 years old na ba? Buti not yet expired nga! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried the Body shop's tea tree oil. It's pretty hefty nag lang for a very small bottle. but it's very effective talaga..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember using the TBS Tea Tee Gel in college, it was the most popular brand then :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I noticed the same thing, the redness has minimized but it's still inflamed. I think the TTO is helping the pimple localize?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using it as a spot treatment for now :) Thanks for the tip, maybe I can mix it with moisturizer to spike it up?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw them the other day when I went to the HHN office. But I still went home with the men's variant, tee-hee. I like bamboo carbon a lot :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use tea tree oil as a deodorant :) because commercial deo's darken my ua. Tried it on pimples too, but it's not that effective, I prefer my acnedote gel for busting pimples.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you please share your formula for the DIY Tea Tree Oil deo? How effective is it? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just use the pure form :) one drop of tea tree oil for each ua then top it with powder after it has been absorbed, just so it wont feel sticky. I've been using it for more than one year already and no problems encountered naman. During summer days though, I top it with milcu powder instead of regular powders for more protection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. the real 100% tea tree oil will get rid of your pimples and so much more... It's really truly amazing how this oil works on any skin problems or disease. Sadly I never found yet a real 100 % pure oil here in the Philippines... A friend of mine brought me one small 10 ml bottle from France... no additive, 100 % tea tree oil, wonderful!
    The one presented on this page or the ones we can find online or even in malls are just few drops of tea tree oil mixed with capric triglyceride (from coconut oil)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there! What was the brand of the TTO? Would love to check it out online :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! The one given to me was this one:
    http://uk.florame.com/tea-tree-organic-812.html?___SID=U

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! the one given to me was this one:
    http://uk(dot)florame(dot)com/tea-tree-organic-812.html?___SID=U
    And you will notice the price of the organic 100% TTO sold over there is almost the same as the ones sold here, in the Philippines... except that here it's not pure or organic!!!

    ReplyDelete