Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Review: L'Oreal Mat Magique All-in-One Matte Transformation Powder

Hello guys! This is Arnie of Raid My Closet, taking over a little space at Kira's pretty beauty blog :) For the first time in 3 years of blogging, I'm finally posting something about makeup! I knew I can’t miss this chance and let down a good friend! Thank you for the trust, Kira!

L'Oreal Paris recently released yet another great addition to their makeup line - the Mat Magique Transforming Powder. This matte foundation promises the magic of 12-hour shine-free and flawless beauty. When product teasers came out during the first few days of January, I felt really intrigued and excited. The concept exactly fits my crazy schedule -- no need for frequent retouches in between meetings! Check out how Mat Magique fared when I tested its 12-hour claim:

L’Oreal Mat Magique All-in-One Matte Transforming Powder in Nude Vanilla (N2)
Girls without makeup skills and glam time (like me!) will surely love the L'Oreal Mat Magique because it's already all-in-one -- you wouldn't need to layer your face with heavy foundations and concealers. Mat Magique gives the medium-full coverage you need, and minimizes (dare I say, camouflages) the appearance of stubborn blemishes, imperfections, and large pores. Infused with volanic perlite, it promises to resist sweat and sebum keeping skin fresh-looking for up to 12-hours.

Photo without makeup, taken around 9:45AM
With the help of a skin care routine that I religiously follow, I only get a zit during my period or on days when I have zero sleep. Regardless, wearing makeup is still important. Working in digital entails millions of meetings, so I've to at least look polished before facing clients.


Instantly upon application, Mat Magique brightens up my complexion and evens out my skin tone. The powder is finely-milled and doesn't cake if applied with brush, but in a jiff the sponge works fine as well. I also love its sleek hot pink packaging that won't get lost in your bag or kikay kit -- it's seasy to spot! The lightweight compact is made of plastic and features a separate sponge compartment for hygienic purposes.

During the 2 weeks I've used this, the L'Oreal Mat Magique has tremendously helped me save time from retouching. It's also worth-noting that this product also offers SPF 34 PA+++. In a nutshell, SPF means Sun Protection Factor (UVB) and PA is a rating system to show how much protection you are getting against the sun's harmful rays (UVA). More plus (+) signs mean a higher level of UVA protection.

Now I'm more confident to take #nofilter selfies with the Mat Magique! Taken at around 5PM
Seven hours after applying the product (meetings and errands involved), all I had to reapply was my lipstick! :) Luckily, I don’t sweat heavily so the 12-hour shine-free promise was really evident. Nevertheless, the Mat Magique is non-comedogenic so in case you have oily skin, you won't have to worry about clogged pores.

For only Php499.00, you can get all these and more! I’ll definitely recommend this to my friends and repurchase for myself soon!


Have you tried L'Oreal Mat Magique? 
Share your experiences with me in the comments :)

5 Comments:

  1. How would this fare against the Maybelline one? :)
    Oh and hi Amie!

    CJ
    Cheap Landmark Finds : Brushes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, CJ! I got my Superfresh in Singapore last August long before the PH launch and I believe they're practically the same (both contain perlite and they're both from the same company). I do like the shade selections better from L'Oreal though as they're not as light/fair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Available at all major department stores :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello hello CJ!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete