Sunday, February 22, 2015

Rave: Venus & Mars Naturals Mint Espresso Soap

I haven't been in love with soap since I tried V&M's Mint Espresso. I first purchased one last November when I just happened to pass by their kiosk in SM North Edsa. I'm a hoarder by nature and I'm always drawn to natural soaps with coffee, peppermint, and/or clay, and because I have so many soaps waiting in the wing I only got to actually use this last January.

Mint Espresso is especially formulated for people who want to detoxify, remove impurities and unnecessary odor and toxins from the skin without compromising moisture and hydration. This bar may also be used as a shaving soap as it rids the skin from unwanted ingrown hairs, nicks and bumps.
Ingredients: Emu Oil, Goat's Milk, Olive Oil, Beeswax, Tea Tree Essential Oil, Coffee Beans, Green Tea, Papain, Citrus Oils, Peppermint, Geranium
Price: Php 265/135g

Impressive lather

Most natural or handmade soaps that I've encountered only give a soft lather or sometimes lather well in the beginning then once the bar turns mushy, the suds sort of diminish, too. With V&M's Mint Espresso, the suds are consistent from the initial use til there are only bits and pieces of the soap left (see photo below). 

my old soap is now ubos
Mmm...peppermint!

As a lover of anything that's laced with peppermint, this soap really energizes me in the shower. It has a sweet peppermint scent, but take note that there's no tingling sensation (read: it's not mentholated).

A gentle exfoliating bar

As an added benefit, the espresso particles gently slough away dead skin cells without leaving skin pink or raw. I have these teeny bumps on my thighs which went away through regular use. As you shower, simply rub the rough side of the bar onto skin and rinse. I imagine that the exfoliating property would also be good for those with bacne, I don't have them so I can't say for sure.

It's not as drying as commercial soaps but I would still recommend moisturizing afterwards to prep newly exfoliated skin. My moisturizer of choice is the Verbena Luxury Lotion which I got from Duty Free (still deciding if I should review this duo on the blog).


Would I repurchase? 

Based on my experience, each bar would last 4-6 weeks (if used twice a day), maybe longer if you cut it in half. I already repurchased 2 bars this weekend while my sister stocked up on her Bare It All Cream (you guessed it, we got the mentholated variant!).

If you're looking for an all-natural, locally-produced soap that gently exfoliates, detoxifies skin with a kick of peppermint, then this is something you'd want to try!

For more info and to order, visit http://www.vnmnaturals.com/

4 Comments:

  1. Wow Kira! I love anything peppermint too. Parang ang yummy nito. Haha! I'll be getting this for sure next time na mag SM ako. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one too. Waaah hahaha So I'm getting the soap, and this. Excited ako!!! Di pa ko nakakatry ng V&M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I highly recommend it!! The BIA has been a mainstay in our household for years :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naku same tayo na mahilig sa peppermint! Then for sure you'll love this :)

    ReplyDelete