Saturday, February 14, 2015

Glam Up with Max Factor

How timely that I am writing about getting all dolled up on Hearts Day! This lovely stash [red] from Max Factor was sent to me last month and I do apologize for the very late post. It would have been appropo for V-day but I'm only getting around to testing/using them now. 

Alright, first things first. I'm not huge on celebrating V-day on the 14th because there is just too much traffic! I do hope though that everyone else who decided to go out today is having a grand time with the ones they love the most :)


Anyway as you might have noticed in Max Factor's current campaign and store displays, the iconic Marilyn Monroe is once again the brand's glamorous ambassador. In my opinion, no one can quite carry a bold red like Ms. Marilyn. 


The stash I received in the mail features the Creme Puff Pressed Powder, a translucent and shimmer-free product that blots out shine. It has that distinct old glam scent, that reminded me of my Grandma and the days when she used preen herself in front of the mirror preparing for a party.

Colour Elixir Lipstick in Ruby Tuesday is a satin blue-based red that packs a power punch. Definitely not for the faint-hearted but perfect for those who are lazy to do the whole shebang of putting makeup every morning. I think I just described myself, haha.

Next is the teeny Max Effect Mini Nail Polish in Ruby Tuesday. If you wanna be matchy-matchy, wear this with your red lippie. 

Lastly is the 2000 Calorie Mascara that promises to give lashes 3x the volume. The perfect partner to a bold red lip, ala-Marilyn Monroe. 

For more information, visit https://www.facebook.com/MaxFactorPH.

8 Comments:

  1. For the beach, I can't go without my MAC Studio Fix Concealer. Maputla na lahat, wag lang lumitaw eyebags ko!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooohhh what're your thoughts on that 2000 calorie mascara? :)

    CJ
    From Manila with Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi @CJ! Still testing it. I'll post my thoughts on it soon :) I have so many mascaras waiting in the wing, haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried the mascara? How is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love travel essentials posts! I can vicariously feel the wanderlust each time I read one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My stash is so basic and boring! Haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. My stash is so basic and boring! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not too impressive. Formula was a little dry, and didn't really beef up my lashes. I still like the Browhaus one though, I use it every day.

    ReplyDelete