Tuesday, February 10, 2015

For the Beach Bunny: Skincare & Makeup Travel Essentials

I am writing this from my Grandma's lovely ancestral home in the province of Agusan del Norte. I'll be spending the next couple of days here, and hopefully get a tan as a bonus when I head to the beach on Thursday. I do have some more beach trips in the next weeks -- I am obviously hellbent on getting a more sun-kissed complexion this year :P

Anyway, let me share my current travel essentials. I always buy multiples of everything because I don't want to have to pack and unpack skin care and makeup -- it gets so tiring when you do it often. You know how it is when you're rushing in the morning getting ready for your flight, and then you still have to pack the actual products you're using? It's such a hassle! So I make sure if I really like a product/brand, I have multiples of them stashed in my closet and luggage for impromptu trips. 

Let's start with makeup:

Hurraw! Lip Balm in Peppermint - Always a kikay kit staple. A non-glossy balm that adequately moisturizes lips with a mentholated kick.
Ellana Pressed Mineral Foundation in Chai Tea Latte - The best powder foundation out there for sensitive complexions. Surprisingly, this shade works even on my tan skin tone. Use a kabuki brush for a flawless, even coverage. 
Ellana Mineral Blush in Kitten/Peach Passion - Hands-down my favorite blush! Kitten gives me a nice natural flush while Peach Passion when applied on tan skin leaves skin illuminated and sun-kissed. Both have an overspray of teeny gold shimmer. 
Clinique DermaWhite Liquid Foundation SPF 38 PA+++ - You can't go wrong with the high SPF protection and the very lightweight watery texture. Great for use all year round, covers pores, and also brightens skin tone with its Vitamin C ingredient. It comes off light when first applied but melts into skin soon enough. I heard that Clinique is discontinuing this so if you're a fan, go hoard. 
Eyelash Curler by Koji - Comes in its own case for hygienic purposes, can curl even sparse/short lashes. 
Browhaus HD Mascara - The most hardworking mascara that stays put (even while swimming and working out), lengthens and thickens, plus holds the curl all day. Love this!
L'Oreal Colour Rich Moist Matte Lipsticks in Blaze of Red and Berry Allure - My two favorite lipsticks of the moment. Red for meetings and Berry for less formal occasions. 
Eye of Horus Brow Define in Husk, Holika Holika 24H Auto Eyebrow  - I highly recommend these two if you have bronde/light hair. I use EOH to define and shape (the precision tip is perfect for this), while I use Holika's to shade (it's a perfect match to my hair color). Both are retractable and have a spoolie on each end. 
Now for skin care. I'm a light packer as evidenced by me bringing only 1 overnight bag to Balesin (everyone else brought a trolley). These keep my skin soft and moisturized without breaking the bank. 

Chia Oil Serum - Works as an anti-aging skin moisturizer, night serum, and eye treatment. I use this at night to rejuvenate my skin.  
Bioderma Sensibio - Gently removes surface dirt, oilies, and minimal makeup.  
Innisfree Apple Juicy Lip and Eye Remover - Got this teeny bottle as part of a GWP in Korea, effectively removes waterproof mascara and eye makeup. If Bioderma can't remove it, this will. 
Celeteque Water-based Moisturizer The best cheapo moisturizer for oily/combi skin. Light enough to be used under sunscreen and makeup.  
SCO SunLover Facescreen SPF 50 PA+++A hypoallergenic fluid-type and non-greasy moisturizer spiked with sunscreen. Got this at Strip last December and haven't experienced any allergic reactions from using it. It contains sodium hyaluronate retain moisture in the skin, niacinamide (vitamin B3) to fade hyperpigmentation, and olive leaf extract to heal damaged skin. 
VMV Grandma Minnie's BooBoo Balm The best skin soother for allergies/chaffing, heals wounds and cuts, plus works as a lip balm as well. A true multitasker.   
Saforelle Gentle Cleansing Care Works double duty as an intimate wash and body wash.  
Pantene Color & Perm Lasting Care Conditioner Softens hair, tames frizz, and defines my waves.  
Nivea Sun Protect & Bronze - Used this in Balesin and Subic and it gave me a good tan, apart from protecting skin with its minimal SPF 20 component.  
Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Facial Wash - I didn't pay much attention to the Himalaya Herbals line but when they sent me some stuff to try, I got really hooked on their Neem Foaming Face Wash. It has helped prevent pimples, blemishes, and it also purifies my skin. I would highly recommend the foaming variant but for travel I take the gel version with me to minimize spillage. 

Whew, that was a lot! If you've read my Korea Travel Essentials post, you'd notice that the lineup is very similar, except that this list is spiked with more sunscreen options.

So tell me, where are you off to this summer?
Care to share your travel essentials? :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment