Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Why I will never cheat on my hair stylist #JuRoICU

I never fully understood the impact of a "bad hair day" until my hair was colored a repulsive seaweed green. In my previous post, I mentioned that a salon botched my hair color -- instead of the ash brown shade, I got this:


While two friends said it looked cool, the thing is, it's not what I asked for and the overall shade didn't complement my skin tone. I looked sallow and sad. Now I won't dwell on what happened or how it all happened, the salon apologized and took full responsibility for the mishap. But let me tell you though, that Jude and Rose were my hair saviors during these trying times.

Since the botched hair color happened on Dec. 31st, there was no way Jude and Rose could accommodate me on Jan. 1. So all throughout the reunions and parties, I had my hair up in a ponytail. Thank god my Lola prefers yellow lights at home otherwise my green hair would've been too obvious in white light. Though some relatives did say that I looked older and darker, but they couldn't quite put a finger on what went wrong. I knew it was my hair :(

Come January 2, I was excited as can be! I didn't wash my hair for 2 days because my scalp was also sore due to the chemical the salon used, plus I wanted Rose to see the color untouched. I arrived at JuRo Salon Exclusif at 2pm sharp, greeted them, and took a deep breath -- I prepared myself for a good scolding!

I looked old and depressed, huhu :(
As you can see from the photo, my hair overall has a green-tinge and is a lot lighter (almost silvery) where my flaxen blonde highlights used to be. As per Rose, the previous stylist did not take into consideration my existing hair color and possibly just mixed and applied the color straight from the container. So basically, yellow (blonde) + blue = green. It didn't take a genius to figure it out. At this point I was very apologetic about what happened because although I was scheduled for a retouch with JuRo last December, I wasn't able to go as scheduled because I flew to Korea and I got so busy. So when I found myself in another salon with a friend (I was supposed to just wait for her to finish), I took a chance and thought they could achieve what I wanted.

ANYWAY, I was part embarrassed and part excited about the make-under. "I just want my old hair color back!" I squealed to Rose and hugged her. I'm not being melodramatic as this really happened, I really did hug her. She then set out to do what she always does best -- concocting my own bespoke hair color that would complement my skin tone and lifestyle.


But first, she had to undo the greenish tinge and applied a color corrector to "lift" the shade and make way for the correct tone. She said, "Most salons would just shortcut the process and bleach you hair in order to achieve a clean slate. But judging by the texture of your hair, it's a little stressed already so what we'll do is apply the corrector and wait for it to lift the color." I love her already.

While waiting, Jude served his delicious homemade coffee (he roasts and brews it himself!) with Krematop and Muscovado. Does anyone know if Krematop is available in Manila? I know it's available in Japan. Jude's coffee is so good and robust I had two cups!

Now for the cut by the master himself! The last time I met with them, Jude was nursing a cough. Glad to know he is back in the pink of health :) This time, Jude said wanted to add more layers for more movement since my hair was getting a tad too long. 

Love that my hair is now back to its lovely bronde shade! Yay!
Jude added layers from the inside to make it more airy, without getting rid of the weight. Whenever I go to JuRo, I rarely tell them what I want because I know that they can recommend the best cut and color for me. That kind of trust can wreak havoc on an overly confident or unseasoned stylist, but with this dynamic duo there is no need to worry. 


After the cut, here comes the color! Rose just corrected the tone and did some finishing touches on my Creamy Bronde hue.


I never thought I would say this but I love my old self! Because of my bronde hair color, my complexion looks brighter and overall I look younger (I've heard people tell me that!). It was so nice of my sister to also keep her mouth shut during the time I was very bothered about my seaweed green hair. But when she saw the "new" me (we met in a restaurant), she was so relieved and blurted out, "I am so glad you look normal again." Hey, I've never been so happy to be called normal, too, haha. 

Thank you so much to Rose and Jude for being so patient and also lecturing me on hair. I vow never to have anyone else cut and color my hair...EVER! 


In case you were wondering, here's how my hair looks like 6 days after my cut and color. This was just air-dried and the only product I applied was argan oil on the ends. Lovely, huh? The perfect wash and wear hair style, if I say so myself ;)

Book your appointment with Jude Hipolito and Rose Marinas of JuRo Salon today! 
Visit www.http://jurosalon.com/ or contact: 822-5673


All photos taken using an iPhone 6 Plus. 

20 Comments:

  1. Yay! It looks good on you! I like the bouncy vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...Most stressful 2 days of my life. But I'm now glad to have my old hair color back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, @Claire Sereno! And thanks for dropping by the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! That's why I am always careful with trying new salons. I'm so afraid to explore when it comes to my hair but I'm glad that you got the color and look that you wanted ^_^. Your hair looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, your hair. I agree that the color made you look sad. But your "make under" is WOW. Your hair is so pretty afterwards & I love the color <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy that it got repaired! JuRo is really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. iba na work mo ms. kira?

    ReplyDelete
  8. my dream beauty product is one with the power to heal acne/pimples in a jifty and erase the blemishes it leaves behind minus any harmful effects on the skin

    ReplyDelete
  9. i miss jude and rose, was also scheduled for december but super busyyyy, need to go back soon! nice hairrrr as usual! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first one was at the same salon, different branch and I had a haircut as I attended the launch. When I got home and showered I noticed that my layers were uneven! To quote Jude, "parang naka-extensions ako." Then Jude fixed that.


    And the now color naman. I think this is what happens when you grow too fast, too soon, the quality dwindles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! Longest 2 days of my life! It may seem superficial pero bad hair pala can affect you in so many ways. I had to change my makeup and outfit to "complement" the green hair. Hassle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, December din ako dapat pero tipid mode din ako cos I travelled. Ito tuloy nangyari! At least, lesson learned.

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I saw the first picture my immediate reaction was "wow. green.cool". BUT THEN I saw it under fluorescent (was it?) and I thought Joker, did you ever get a refund or at least an apology?. But your latest hair color is so nice, and it looks super natural.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dream beauty product would be a cream that would keep my face oil-free 24/7

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes! I'm now with AXA Philippines (insurance and investments), Taipan branch :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't guarantee anything, but try Unimart in Greenhills for Krematop. I may have seen it there before. JuRo are miracle workers. Your hair looks gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. My dream beauty product is something that's as close to natural and organic as possible, while giving all the other beauty products in its category a run for their money in terms of skin compatibility and benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh...thank you for commenting about Krematop! I will have to check it out this weekend! Thank you for complimenting my hair, super love it! The color brightens up my complexion <3

    ReplyDelete