The REN Skincare Vita Mineral™ Active 7 Eye Gel was one of the products I received from dear friend Yaelie who is based in London. This teeny eye gel was part of a pack of 3 REN products which included the Vetiver V7 Hand & Body Cream and Hydra-Calm Global Protection Day Cream.
REN Skincare is a skin-friendly brand based in London. "REN" is Swedish for "clean" and this is the company's primary philosophy: to provide only the cleanest of skincare products possible. They specialize in skincare that use only 100% plant and mineral derived actives, and is free from skin-unfriendly synthetic ingredients. All of their products are free of parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, petrolatum, synthetic fragrances, colours, silicones, the works!
Now it's a no-brainer that I would go for the Eye Gel because though I do have a lot of eye treatments waiting in the wing, it's an eye cream for day use that I'm hard-pressed for. My lids are oily and sometimes the eye cream I apply in the morning before foundation (or any sort of makeup), makes my mascara or eye liner run and smudge. Did the REN Active 7 Eye Gel pass this test? Find out below.
A light and cooling gel to treat, revive and brighten the delicate eye area, under or over makeup.
Results: Cools and refreshes, reduces the appearance of puffiness and dark circles, the eye contour looks smoother, firmer.
Ingredients: Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Zostera Marina Pectin, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Carbomer, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Faex (Yeast) Extract, Rumex Occidentalis Extract, Gynostemma Pentaphyllum Leaf Extract, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate.The REN Skincare Vita Mineral™ Active 7 Eye Gel is a lightweight and cooling gel that is perfect for use in the morning (and evening, if you'd like). Its water-based texture ensures that even if the skin around your eyes perspire or is prone to oiliness, your makeup is still kept intact.
What I like:
- lightweight and clear water-based texture
- applies smoothly, no drag
- non-greasy finish keeps eye makeup intact
- dries easily
- cools and refreshes the eye area
- contains plant actives that help improve the overall look of the eye area
- gentle formulation, didn't cause any allergic reactions
- economical as you only need a small amount per eye area
- hydrating formula
- hygienic packaging that dispenses the right amount of product (full size comes in a pump, this trial size is in a tube)
The plant actives include:
- Vitamin P from Damask Rose Water is anti-inflammatory and protects capillary network
- Flavonoids from Arnica reduce puffiness by stimulating the drainage process
- Mucilages from Fig soothe and instantly refresh the eye area
- Polysaccharides from Zostera Marina increase and maintain moisture levels
- Ginsengoside from Chinese Ginseng boosts circulation in the capillaries
- Tyrosinase Inhibitor from Wild Canadian Rumex reduces dark pigmentation and redness
I want to add that I opened my teeny 5ml tube 6 months ago (I checked my Instagram post) and I'm happy to report that my tube still has a lot of product in it! I use it once per day and brought it along with me to Singapore and Korea. In case you're wondering, I skip this at night because I apply Rose Hip Oil on my entire face before bedtime.
What I don't like:
- not readily available in Manila, you'd have to purchase this online
- may not remedy dark circles and overly puffy eyes
- may not eradicate wrinkles around the eyes
In my case, I would be more than happy to use this all up before I move on to other eye products. I'll probably stick with gel-based eye treatments for now in preparation for the warm summer months. I'm definitely curious about REN Skincare and would love to try their other products soon.
Have you tried anything from REN Skincare?
Share your experiences with me in the comments :)