Friday, January 9, 2015

Perfectly Plum Lips with the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in GrandestGrape

It's interesting how my lip color has progressed over the years. From being shy and favoring tinted lip balms (paired with no kilay!), to mustering up the courage to wear bright pink lippies (I had a pink phase and practically wore only pink for a couple of years), I'm now more comfortable wearing deep reds and plums. I don't know, does it have something to do with growing older? Or being comfy with deeper, more high maintenance shades? Or just being too lazy to fix up the rest of my face? Whatever the reason, I am just in love with plums and it's perfect that they're having their moment in 2015


I've long been obsessed with finding the perfect plum/berry lip and I have quite a few, including the cult-favorite Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm in Bitten Berry and The Face Shop Black Label Lipstick in Lady Wine. There was, however, one that I've been eyeing but only succumbed to purchasing recently, the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Grandest Grape.

There's something very commanding about plum (or any bold lip color for that matter), and it's perfect for busy ladies because you can just wear blush, do your brows, and go about your merry way. For me since I'm out on AXA meetings all the time and don't want to fuss with too much makeup, plum has been my go-to lip color since the holiday season.

Tempt lips with a soft cushion of colour that's not quite sheer, not quite opaque-just the perfect happy medium. Loaded with mango and shea butters so lips feel comfortably soft and smooth. Eight vibrant shades in all.
Price: Php 1000/3g
This by far is the perfect plum for me, it's "brighter" than Bitten Berry and more long lasting than the TFS Lady Wine sans the silver overspray. It is also hypoallergenic and moisturizing, I can even skip balm beforehand. In true Clinique fashion, it is 100% hypoallergnic. So when ordinary lipsticks give me rashes on my lips by the 3rd day, I can confidently apply and re-apply Chubby Stick with no hesitation. 

What I love: 

  • lovely plum shade that would complement most skin tones
  • mango and shea butters moisturize lips well, you can even skip lip balm
  • vitamin e helps protect lips from environmental aggressors
  • vivid and long lasting color
  • 100% allergy-tested and perfume-free
  • sturdy plastic packaging
  • readily available in all Clinique counters nationwide

What I don't love: 

  • regular lipsticks have around 4g, so this Chubby Stick falls short and (if you're very calculative) comes as slightly more expensive


For someone whose lips react to most commercial lip products, hypoallergenic lipsticks are a godsend and the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Grandest Grape is a real keeper. I'm wearing it in the photo above along with my L'Oreal Mat Magique Powder Foundation (review real soon), Ellana Minerals Kitten Blush, Eye of Horus Brow Define + Holika Holika 24H Auto Drawing Pencil 

What's your favorite plum lipstick or 2015 makeup trend?
Share them with me in the comments. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment