Saturday, January 10, 2015

Finally, I no longer dread Mondays

I used to loathe Sunday nights because in a few hours, I'd have to wake up early and face the usual Monday traffic. I'd drag myself to work still sleepy and disoriented, have a cup of coffee, stare into my laptop (or into oblivion, whichever seems appropriate), and try to do some work. Don't get me wrong, I loved all the jobs and the companies I've been a part of; but Mondays, ugh, it was the worst.

Now because I handle my own schedule, I won't go as far as saying I love Mondays. I still give my manager this exasperated look every time I have to come in at 10:00 AM on on the first day of the week for our usual AXA Sales Caffeine, but the feeling isn't as heavy anymore. He told me today, "Kira, the only thing I require from you aside from consistent sales is to be at the branch every Monday at 10:00 AM. Please don't be late again." I just smiled weakly, and laughed. He knows I am not a morning person, but I try to be. Really. Every Monday is a struggle. It doesn't help though that my manager is also my best friend, he knows me through and through.


Anyway, another thing I discovered about myself is that I am a more productive worker in a coffee shop than at the office. With copious amounts of coffee and a dessert spread (optional but hey, this wouldn't hurt), I can do anything, haha. On maybe a busy work day you'd find me in one of the cafes in Mandaluyong doing my calls or meeting with a client. So, message me when you're in Ortigas and let's talk business (or chika, whatever you want to call it). I am in the insurance and investment business after all, and it's not as overwhelming as you think. It can be pretty fun, trust me.


The most noticeable change in this career shift is the time. Oh now how I have time to read and blog. I told my Manager today, "You know what's awesome? At 12:00 MN when I'd usually force myself to sleep because I have to wake up early the next morning, I find myself reaching out for a book and start reading into the wee hours of the morning. Suddenly, I have time to the do the stuff I've always wanted to do." And I'm very grateful for that, you know, the little things. Like reading "Zombies! Tales of the Walking Dead" til 2:00 AM. I'm not going to say I party every night and just sleep the next day, because there is still a LOT of work to do, but my time has been a lot more flexible.

So that's that. Now back to reviewing for my Grand Assessment on the 26th! Please wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment