Sunday, December 7, 2014

Pharmacy Finds from Singapore

I always tell myself never to take the last flight out of a country because the aftermath is exhausting, but lookie here, I did it again! I left Singapore at 9:00PM, arrived in Manila 3 hours and 20 minutes later.I got home past 1:30AM and was up til around 2:30AM talking to my Mom and sister. You could say I was totally knocked out the next day catching up on sleep. I used to do this all the time but I guess with age (ha!), I feel like it's something I cannot sustain. I need my beauty sleep!

Anyway, I didn't go crazy shopping at Singapore this time around mainly because I am saving my money for my 2 upcoming trips, plus this Singapore visit was so impromptu (it took me only 2 days to decide that I needed to fly out to relax). Nevertheless, I visited several pharmacies and took a mental note of what to get next time. Some of them I posted on Instagram so do follow me (@kirasworld) for sneak peeks :)


First and foremost, I love drugstore shopping because they have an amazing assortment of ecocert brands. Like A'kin for example, I've always read about it from green beauty blogs but I've only seen it on the shelves now. They have Rosehip Oil (yay) plus I really like the illustrations on their packaging.


Renew is an Australian brand that's very new to me. They also have Rosehip Oil as well as other skin care products with this main ingredient. For a couple of days I was very curious about their Hydrating Mist Toner (I was constantly Googling, checking reviews, and spritzing in-stores).


Sukin Organics is also a popular brand among eco-bloggers, I was so happy to have had the chance to swatch and smell them. They also have Rosehip Oil (can you spot the pattern here?) and is slightly more affordable than Renew, though they are both Australian brands. Their Hydrating Mist Toner has a stronger smell compared to Renew's, but in the end...


...I purchased the popular Avene Thermal Spring Water Mist which was on promotion for only SGD19.00/3 travel mists. Yay! I figured I should start with using thermal water + my Kosmea RHO just to make sure that they would mesh well together. And of course, I had to grab a teeny Bioderma, too.

What other drugstore brands should I check out next time? 
Share them with me in the comments :)


2 Comments:

  1. Which SG pharmacy is this?! I love Sukin!!! :) And I've yet to try the rose hip oil as per your glowing deco! Glad you came in before the typhoon hit Manila! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw A'kin in John Little and the rest are from Guardian. Oh how I love pharmacies abroad, so many beauty discoveries. Oh so glad you're a fan of Sukin! Which products have you tried?


    TBH, I was hoping my flight would be delayed/cancelled so I can spend more time in SG, haha.

    ReplyDelete