Saturday, December 27, 2014

Korea Chronicles: My travel-worthy beauty products

Hello everyone! Whenever I pack for a vacation (whether domestic or international), I always *try* to trim down my skin care products in half -- or at least bring multi-tasking products because I don't want to have to scramble every morning getting ready. And how I see it, I don't have the luxury of spending too much time in the bathroom because time's a wasting when you're abroad.

As this is my second time to head to Korea, I sort of knew what I needed already.


Cleansing: 

I wasn't about to strip my skin dry from over-cleansing so I brought my Bioderma Sensibio and VMV Moisture Rich Cleansing Milk. Both are gentle and loaded with moisturizing ingredients to remove makeup, excess oils, and other impurities without leaving skin taut. Love that they come in small sizes, too. I got my Bioderma from Singapore and my VMV cleanser was part of a Christmas promo (VMV Glorietta sells travel sizes individually, great buy if you travel a lot and want smaller containers).

Moisturizers: 

I have combination skin but I wasn't too keen on switching to more emollient products for fear that they may clog my pores or make me oilier. I brought my Celeteque Water-based Moisturizer (not in photo) which I use during the day under liquid makeup, and my Chia Serum at night which doubles as an eye treatment as well. Coincidentally, I am running a giveaway on the Chia Serum -- check it out here. Chia Oil is making waves abroad and this could be your chance to score one!

For lips, it was a no-brainer -- I brought my Hurraw! Mint Lip Balm though it proved that it couldn't keep with the frosty weather.

Note to self: Bring a more intensive balm next time I head north, Neutrogena Norwegian Formula preferably. 

Makeup:

Koreans are known for their glowing, translucent makeup (and I'm tamad to put on makeup every day, so yay!) so I brought my Clinique DermaWhite Liquid Makeup (a long time favorite, it has SPF 38 and medium coverage to boot) which is so lightweight, my Ellana Chai Tea Latte Pressed Mineral Foundation, and Ellana Mineral Blush Duo in Kitten/Peach Passion for that natural winter flush (my Mom even mentioned that I look blooming in cold weather -- I fooled her with this blush!).

For brows, I just brought my trusty Holika Holika Wonder Drawing 24H Auto Eyebrow (a kikay kit staple). For eyes, I just brought my HD Mascara from Browhaus and Koji Eyelash Curler. Since my look was pretty subdued, I opted for brighter lips hence I chose to bring my MAC Archie's Girls in Daddy's Little Girl (a blue-based orchid pink) and L'Oreal Blaze of Red (a deep red). In the end, I wished I just brought a lip stain because I kept covering my nose and mouth with my gloves because of the winter chill or I'd re-apply balm constantly to moisturize my dry lips.

Note to self: Skip the lipstick/gloss and use a hassle-free lip stain instead to keep touch-ups and transfers to a minimum.


Body: 

I brought my Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion, I chose this because of the "24-hour moisturization" claim. The formula is rich and creamy yet non-greasy and I could easily wear my thermals without having to wait too long for it to set. While it works well in our Philippine weather, unfortunately it wasn't enough in Korea as I experienced dry, scaly [itchy] skin after a few days. I resorted to using argan oil instead (which I brought for hair use) to calm my flare-ups down.

Note to self: Skip the body lotion and bring argan oil for hair and body use.

Hair: 

I'm not fussy about hair care so I just brought my Innisfree Camellia Cream Rinse and V&M argan oil.

Note to self: Bring a dry shampoo, might come in handy next time. 



So that's my list! 
Tell me, what beauty products do you bring when you travel?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment