Saturday, November 29, 2014

Rave: Browhaus HD Mascara

Have you ever curled your lashes to perfection, only for them to flop down once you've applied mascara? This has happened to me so many times I've almost lost all hope that I would find a mascara that would last all day, maintain the curl, and not give me panda eyes after a long day at work. I've tried drugstore brands as well as niche brands abroad, but as they say, "Close, but no cigar". 

And then Tab Abad (Managing Director of Browhaus) handed me their new HD Mascara which I've heard so many good things about. Could this be HG material? Read on below to find out!


First things first, the Browhaus HD Mascara (Php 998/8ml) comes in its own fun, scribbled packaging. It promises long-lasting curl, smooth clump-free application, and boasts of a long-wearing waterproof formula. It contains clay minerals and waxes that is said to resist tears and sebum, ensuring that lashes stay lovely and curled for hours. It's also safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.


And get this, it's made in Japan. You know what they say about Japanese cosmetics -- they rarely disappoint and are well-known for their superior quality and innovation


The wand itself looks pretty ordinary, but it features packed bristles that deliver a hefty amount of jet black (almost glossy) mascara. Each stroke coats the lashes with pigment, making them instantly thicker and longer. Here's a rundown of what I love about the new Browhaus HD Mascara:

What I love: 

  • jet black, glossy formula 
  • definitely waterproof and smudge-proof (worked so well on my oily lids)
  • long-wearing and lasts even after my sweaty Barre3 classes 
  • keeps lashes curled the whole day -- amazing!
  • short drying time, dries easily
  • instantly lengthens and thickens lashes upon application
  • has a nice, classy packaging that is sealed upon purchase
  • hypoallergenic

What I don't like:

  • the formula can be a little too wet
  • sometimes the brush picks up too much product and I end up over-applying which leads to clumped/spider lashes


These photos were taken at 9:00pm in Chez Karine, Megamall using an iPhone 6 Plus. I came from 2 meetings in the afternoon and commuted all the way to Ortigas. I'm beat but hey my lashes are still curled as they were in the morning when I left for work.

Tip: As this is a long-wearing and waterproof mascara, you would need a proper eye makeup remover in order to completely remove it and the end of the day and prevent tugging of the delicate skin around the eyes.

Would I recommend the Browhaus HD Mascara? I certainly would! If you have oily lids and you're longing for a hardworking mascara, then check out this lovely product from Browhaus.

For more info, visit https://www.facebook.com/BrowhausManila

2 Comments:

  1. Hello! I happen to come across your post and I really like how your permed turned out! Can you pls pls tell me where you got it done? :-) Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, @Anele! I have my digiperms at Beauty Brick, Jupiter Street in Makati :)

    ReplyDelete