Saturday, October 4, 2014

Hello cooler weather, hello facial oils!


The cooler weather is back, thank god! It's time to break out my favorite Kosmea Rose Hip Oil which I raved about last year. To be honest, I had to switch to lighter and water-based moisturizers because the summer heat was making my face perspire, thus making facial oils a no-go during these trying times.

Anyway, you what my favorite past-time at work is? Apart from listening to my Soundcloud playlists, I like to voraciously research on new skin care discoveries (facial oils in particular) from international indie brands. I mean, I love Kosmea (and I have a backup of the famous RHO that will last me one more year) but I am also curious about these new oils.

Supercritical Chia Oil sells for $49 plus S&H.
For example, Chia Oil is currently making waves in the US and I've been thisclose to purchasing one from One Love Organics but am holding off because I'm nagtitipid like that. But if it's anything like the superfood Chia Seeds which are jam-packed with Omega-3s, antioxidants and vitamins, then Chia Oil must be a great powerhouse of skin-nourishing vitamins, too.

Purify Facial Serum is $36
A blue facial oil, how interesting! Herbivore Botanicals formulated this unique facial oil with Blue Chamomile and Blue Yarrow that soothes and balances problematic skin. It also contains Jojoba Oil (another great skin beautifier) and Imortelle Oil for additional moisture and healing.

Balance Starter Kit for Oily, Combination, Acne Prone Skin is Php 2,582.16 on Etsy
Because samplers and pint-sized versions of anything still make my heart skip a beat, this travel kit from Naturallogic is something I would really, really like to try. The Balance Starter Kit includes a 2-week supply of the best-selling Naturallogic products for troubled skin.

Kit includes:

* .5 oz Balance Cleansing Oil
* .5 oz Balance Glycolic Cleansing Gel
* .5 oz Balance Facial Toner
* .5 oz Dead Sea Mud Mask & Exfoliate
* 4 ml Balance Day Moisturizer
* 4 ml Balance Complexion Serum
* FREE 4 ml Blemish Serum (spot treatment)

Plus, look at those cute bottles with pipettes! I can even re-use them in the future :)

I can't help but notice how attractive yet properly packaged these indie products are, making me feel a tad disappointed with how our local brands pale in comparison in innovation and branding. How I wish more skin care brands would enter the Philippines or at least have legit distributors. There are so many products to discover out there!

Do you like scouring international online shops, too?
Know of any indie brands that I should check out?

4 Comments:

  1. I like the Balance Kit only because of the droppers :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!!! That's exactly how I feel! Bonus na lang yung contents xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! i want to try these too! will the sell these babies here in the Phi? i hope so!!! please lemme know! :p


    www.graciecanfly.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi @gracie rivas! Glamourbox carries Trilogy Rosehip oil and so does Human Nature :) The ones I've featured here are not currently available in the Philippines but I order them online.

    ReplyDelete