Friday, October 3, 2014

Discovering Himalaya Herbals: Purifying Neem & Clear Complexion Facial Washes

I love shopping in drugstores because there are just so many indie products and so many brands to discover! I've been seeing Himalaya Herbals for some time but I never got around to trying them out. You could say I was curious but I wasn't too compelled to purchase because I had an assortment of cream cleansers just waiting to be used. 

Good thing Himalaya Herbals got in touch and kindly sent me a pack of their best-selling products! Himalaya Herbals, family-owned brand that was founded in 1930, is a recognized global pioneer and leader in the use of modern science in the development of herbal products. They specialize in using 100% herbal actives and their products are free from SLS/SLES, parabens, pthlates, and are hypoallergenic. The products are primarily manufactured in Dubai and India.

Purifying Neem Facial Wash (for normal to oily skin) is specially formulated to give you clear, problem free skin. It's a soap-free, daily use face wash gel that cleanses your skin by removing excess oil and impurities without over-drying. Neem, well-known for its purifying and antibacterial properties, kills problem-causing bacteria. Combined with Turmeric, it helps control acne and pimples leaving your skin soft, clear, refreshed and problem-free.
Price: Php 189/100ml 
You could say that I was attracted to this first because it says it's suited for oily skin and my T-zone is so darn active! For a soap-free cleanser, it does foam up and clean well and leaves my skin squeaky clean. I've been used to fragrance-free or mildly scented cleansers that the herbal scent of this one put me off a little, but not to worry as it goes away after rinsing.
Clear Complexion Whitening Facial Wash is a soap-free, daily use face wash that cleanses and clarifies your skin of impurities, giving you a clear, radiant and even complexion. Saffron, well-known for its complexion enhancing properties helps clear skin of spots and blemishes while Licorice and White Dammer help regulate melanin synthesis restoring your skin's natural fairness. Pomegranate nourishes while Cucumber soothes your skin. Use morning and evening for visibly brighter, clearer and glowing skin.
Price: Php 129/100ml
I alternate the Clear Complexion Whitening Facial Wash with the Neem Facial Wash, though the former is gentler and has a powdery scent. Saffron is one of the more popular and expensive spices and it greatly helps add glow to skin by removing dirt and impurities, not necessarily whitening skin.

Overall, I did find these two facial washes a little drying mainly because I've been using cream cleansers for years and I think my skin needs to get used to foams again. Another important thing to note is that while both facial washes contain natural ingredients, they also contain Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate which is a relative of SLS and may be a cause for alarm for some people though I didn't experience any negative reactions from it.

In terms of let's say, purifying skin, I'd say the Neem Facial Wash did help control a little bit of oiliness and my skin seemed more balanced albeit the initial feeling of dryness. From the two products I'd pick the Neem Facial Wash if you want to thoroughly cleanse combination/oily skin.

Have you tried anything from Himalaya Herbals

2 Comments:

  1. I found the plasticky smell of the neem facial wash a bit offputting, but otherwise it was not bad.

    ReplyDelete