Sometimes as the day goes on, we also end up with smelly hair caused by smoke, pollution, and perspiration (especially when you commute); for some (like my sister), hair becomes oily by late afternoon. And if you've got that important date after work, well, you can't just sprint home and wash your hair again now, can you? Thank god for dry shampoos!
I've tried dry shampoos in powdered form (non-aerosol) which I found to be more affordable but the powder grains are too large and they turn my scalp too white; I've tried a high-end salon aerosol dry shampoo brand but the scent was too flowery for me, it gave me a headache! My most recent discovery is O' Care Dry Shampoo from Korea which is exclusively distributed by OShopping, a new lifestyle shopping show which is aired 24/7 via Channel 11 of SkyCable and Global Destiny. It also airs late nights at ABS-CBN. They kindly sent me a few pieces which shall be up for grabs soon (giveaway alert!).
For the newbies, here's how to use the O'Care Dry Shampoo:
2. Avoid face and spray appropriate amount on desired area of scalp and dry hair. Concentrate on the roots if you want more volume.
3. Lightly brush out with hands or a comb after approximately 2 minutes, or you can scrunch hair to create texture.
4. If you have curly hair like me, you can spray O'Care Dry Shampoo directly on curly ends and then scrunch or twist. The super fine mist gives an extra sheen to hair, too!
Why I love it:
- super fine mist evenly distributes the product on hair (make sure to shake well first!)
- revives limp and lifeless hair, just spritz and scrunch
- sops up oil
- very light fresh scent is actually pleasant, suitable for both men and women
- gives a slight sheen to hair
- handy for travel
- you can conveniently order online
- economical and affordable, only Php 1,295 for 3 150ml bottles
What I don't like
- if you prefer to test it first, O'Care Dry Shampoo is not readily available in malls so it could be a hit or miss for you
It's been said that washing hair too often can actually do more damage than good as it strips the natural oils from the scalp. Hence, it's is suggested that you shampoo every other day and then dry shampoo in between. What about you, I'd love to know what you think of dry shampoos. So far, I am loving O'Care Dry Shampoo and I reach out for it on days when I need to freshen up my look mid-day.
Have you tried this before? Any tips and tricks you'd like to share? :)
To purchase O'Care Dry Shampoo, visit http://www.oshopping.com.ph/