Monday, September 8, 2014

My 2nd IPL + V-Blush Treatment at Strip Manila

Last July I was able to try Strip's IPL and V-Blush for the first time (collectively called IPL Ace) and instantly became a fan. With only 1 session, I was hairless for more than 3 weeks -- imagine what several continued sessions can do! Being hair-free certainly couldn't have happened at a better time as I traveled to and from Singapore last August and I didn't have time to fuss about what to wear. The freedom of wearing anything you want at any given time is just priceless, wouldn't you agree?

Needless to say, I was very excited to have my 2nd treatment. It's advised to have the IPL + V-Blush done every 5-6 weeks for optimum results, and as per usual an average of 6 sessions is recommended. This time, Striperalla Jasmine attended to me who is well-trained and has been with Strip for 3 years. I do have my favorites -- Narlie, April, and Cristy, for example, has been waxing me for the last 3 years -- but I'm confident that each Striperalla is well-trained so I didn't really mind.

As mentioned in my previous blog post, while undergoing the IPL session you'll experience a little bit of heat and there may be very slight stinging with every pass. I think the sting depends on how coarse and dark your hair is, but it definitely wasn't as sting-y as let's say Revlite (if you've tried this you'll know that it feels like a rubber band is being snapped onto your skin several times).

In this post, I want to concentrate on the V-Blush treatment which aims to tighten, lighten, and rejuvenate the skin, even reducing fine hair. Though I mentioned before that I didn't notice any immediate difference after V-Blush, turns out the smoothening and lightening effect kicked in a week later.

Okay, on to the treatment!


The one thing I really appreciated this time was that Jasmine placed copious sheets of tissue in order to make sure that the gel wouldn't migrate past the underarm area and wouldn't wet my clothes. How thoughtful!


While the session was ongoing she explained that I was on setting #6. The setting number would depend on skin color and hair thickness, generally the lighter the skin the higher the number. The highest setting at #7. If IPL emitted a little bit of heat, V-Blush was the complete opposite as the head was cool, almost ice-like even. Jasmine also mentioned that the total pass for each underarm is 288 passes, which sounded too technical and I wasn't really counting but I assume that just means that each underarm (or whatever part of the body you're treating) undergoes several minutes of exposure which leads to better results. As with other IPL treatments I've tried where each area is only treated for 30 seconds, at Strip the area being treated really receives utmost attention, which means you get your money's worth.

Every once in a while, Jasmine would check on me and ask if the pressure was okay or if I was feeling any sort of discomfort. To be honest, I was starting to fall asleep mid-session and I blame the previous night's #EsquireEheads event. Am I becoming too old for evening events? Haha.

Maintenance

It's pretty simple really. After each IPL and V-Blush session, it's recommended to steer clear of deodorants and hot showers for 24 hours to let your underarms rest. And expect hair to fall off (like clockwork) after 7 days, and be prepared to be hair-free (yay!) for another 3-4 weeks til your next session.

with Striperella Jasmine
Thanks again for Strip Manila for letting me try the IPL + V-Blush, I still think it's one of the best and most effective hair reduction treatments out there :)

Check out this helpful video to understand why IPL Ace is different:


The promo where you can enjoy Php 20,000 for 6 sessions of IPL Ace is still ongoing (that means you get 6 sessions each of IPL AND V-Blush -- wow!) so head to any of the Strip branches below stat. Remember, these treatments go hand in hand: you reduce/eliminate coarse hair with IPL while the V-Blush reduces fine hair while smoothening, rejuvenating, and lightening skin.

Locations:

Strip Serendra
2nd Floor Serendra Bonifacio High St.
Bonifacio Global City Taguig 1634
T 632 901 0892

Strip Greenbelt 5
4th Floor Greenbelt 5 Ayala Center
Makati City 1200
T 632 501 3997

For more information, visit http://www.facebook.com/stripmanila

0 Comments:

Post a Comment