Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Happy Organics Double Detox Bar


I've since used up my Pink Himalayan Salt Goat's Milk Bar from The Happy Organics and I've now moved on the their Double Detox Bar. Filled with the key ingredients kaolin clay (to detoxify skin), activated bamboo charcoal (draws out filth from our pores), lavender and tea tree oil (to naturally treat acne), it's a gentle, low foaming soap that naturally exfoliates skin as well. 


Out of the 4 key ingredients, I want to emphasize more on the activated bamboo charcoal. I've used maybe 2-3 soaps (other brands) but I prefer The Happy Organics version for the main reason that my skin (used this on my body, btw) didn't break out while using this, I tried the Ilog Maria Bamboo a few years ago and my skin reacted with more bumps on my back. You know those sweat bumps you get on your chest and back from humidity and heat? Using The Double Detox bar has alleviated and lessened them significantly. Bamboo charcoal has been known to "draw out impurities, toxins, and bacteria" and I assume that it did just that.


Apart from that, when you soap up the pulverized bamboo charcoal particles actually come off the soap and onto my hands and body and give added exfoliating action as well. The Happy Organics Double Detox bar has the same lavender smell though I noticed that it soaps up/lathers better than its Pink Himalayan Salt sister.

Do you use anything with bamboo charcoal? 
Has it improved your skin in any way?


Visit The Happy Organics on Facebook to learn more about their handcrafted soaps. 

8 Comments:

  1. Uy the particle come off and into your hands? Sounds like a product I'd like. I've got this love-hate relationship kasi with my back acne. Hahaha. Perhaps this would work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ay sana I sent you pala a back scrub. I'll see what I can dig up in my "beauty bin", hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heheh! Uy thanks, kakahiya. abuso naman ako!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw, I have a question. Can you recommend an eye cream for my mama? (yung affordable ha) You know, after much crying these past few months, our eyebags are now "luggage", lalo na yung eyebags ng mama ko. We joke around na nga kung ano nang brand ng bags niya. Heheh. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the smell of charcoal products! Does this have that "clean" smell, too? I love that chunks come off. Very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never tried products that have bamboo charcoal..how does not feel using it? Is it effective?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes it does, more lavender-ish. And I really like how the charcoal comes off and gives extra exfoliating action :) I like this more than the Pink Himalayan Soap :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It feels like regular soap with charcoal bits that gently exfoliate skin :)

    ReplyDelete