Friday, August 22, 2014

How do you apply your pimple treatment?

How many of you have battled pimples all your life? Even at age 32, I still get pimples and blemishes -- my skin still isn't perfect even with a strict skin care regimen. Why, at this moment I have a huge ass pimple on my cheek which I suspect is from staying up too late, a change in environment (transitioning from work stress, to travelling to Singapore, then back to work stress), testing of new products (all beauty bloggers will agree to our skin becomes more sensitized over time), and let's blame hormones, and my unhealthy diet as well (I love dairy!).

So anyway, I read this article on this revolutionary new camera which is able to analyze skin, pinpoint acne prone areas, and determine where flare ups could show up next. It is pretty interesting and though it's not available locally (wish I could try it out, Neutrogena please bring it to the Philippines?), it tell us one thing: prevention is totally better than cure. I mean, how many times have we tried to expedite the "healing" of a red spot by applying so much anti-pimple treatments, only for it to get inflamed even more? If there is one takeaway from this article, it's that we need to take care of our skin in advance, and be proactive.

"If you're only treating the acne you see, that's part of the problem. You have to go deeper."


Okay. So what I did (which I just started two weeks ago) is to apply a gentle pimple-fighting treatment all over my face concentrating on pimple-prone areas which is my T-zone, more specifically my chin. Since I have sensitive skin and didn't want to risk any skin reactions, I turned to my VMV Id Monolaurin Gel which I've been using as a spot treatment for years. I'm not promoting this product per se, but deduced that since my skin tolerates this, then it's safe to use all over the face. Anyway, the monolaurin ingredient is a gentle anti-pimple ingredient and it actually says on the box that it can be used all over the face as a mattifier, too.

So what do you say? Do you think applying a pimple treatment all over your face will combat (or at least minimize breakouts? Or does spot treatment work well for you? Of course, a strict skin care regimen + regular facial should be in the equation as well.

Tell me, how do you battle adult acne/pimple breakouts?

I should probably write a follow up article on this and let you all know if there has been any significant changes to my skin condition. Here's to clear and healthy skin, yes? *crosses fingers*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment