Monday, August 25, 2014

Burt's Bees Daisy White Serum

From the Daisy White collection, it was the Cleanser and Serum that caught my eye, mainly because a) cream cleansers are my obsession, and b) anything that's watery or gel-based is presumably better for oily/combi skin.

99% Natural … Specially formulated with Daisy Extract, this formula is clinically proven to brighten skin and help diminish the appearance of pigmentation and discoloration. Improves surface dullness and overall appearance of skin. 100% women saw a brighter, more luminous complexion after 8 weeks. Moisturizes and helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Dermatologist-Tested; Non-Comedogenic
Availability: Beauty Bar outlets 
Price: Php 1,350/30g 

This yellowish-tinged serum is basically made up of natural juice extracts + water and leaves a non-sticky, and lightweight texture on the skin. The color of the serum varies as it is made of mostly natural ingredients. To add, natural products may change color over time so I would advise that you store this in a cool and dry place away from sunlight to preserve its "freshness". For fellow ingredients sergeants, you can view the full ingredients list here


The Daisy White Serum aims to brighten skin with its Daisy White extract and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. I used this for 3 weeks straight and here's what I have to say about it: 

Why I like this: 

  • there's a noticeable brightening effect (there's a certain translucence to my skin) even in the first week of use, take note that I used this in conjunction with the Facial Cleanser. I'm sure if you use the whole line, the results will be quicker. 
  • watery finish just complements my skin type, I don't wake up with oily skin in the morning!
  • the citrus scent is pleasant and envigorating
  • the pump bottle releases the right amount of product each time, love the lock mechanism, too
  • can be used safely around the eye area (though not as an eye cream, FYI), experienced no irritations here
  • the non-sticky formula can be used under a richer moisturizer (if you are into layering and have normal-dry skin). Personally, I prefer using this on its own.

What I don't like: 

  • if stored for too long (without usage), the serum solidifies on the spout of the pump and becomes a dark yellow color. It's gross and had to remove it using a cotton bud/tissue for fear of it contaminating the liquid serum that's still inside the bottle
  • I would appreciate an additional cap for security, the pump might leak product when packed for travel

I would love to say that the Burt's Bees is my HG Serum (I really wanted to make it work), but I ended up experiencing dermatitis on my forehead after the 3-week mark. I don't blame Burt's Bees for this as my skin is really sensitive and even natural products give me a reaction. Sadly, I stopped using it for a few weeks and my skin normalized (had to use VMV's Flare Up Balm to calm my skin down), then started testing it again to really make sure that it was the culprit. Unfortunately, I got the same results :( The Burt's Bees Daisy White Serum is now well-loved by my sister who has normal skin. 

Have you tried the Burt's Bees Daisy White Serum? It's really a lovely product and I really hoped it worked for me :( Let me know about your experiences in the comments!

9 Comments:

  1. Natawa ako sa guard in the bat cave. Ako nga I have one on my cheek, then on my chin, and then near my nose. Parang I broke out when I arrived from SG -- could it be our polluted air?!?!


    Maybe you need a facial as maintenance then sustain it na lang with a pimple gel or a skin care regimen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ay baka it's the change in the weather. Hindi ba polluted sa SG? Good idea yung facial. How often ba dapat ang facial? Thanks! Ang prob, yung sustaining part hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take Vitamin E only when I remember to take it. Sobrang tamad talaga!! Ang excuse ko, kung ano-ano kasi ang ginagawa ko, kaya I neglect na myself. My only indulgence na lang is to read: books and blogs. So dinadaan ko na lang sa sense of humor, para bumata. And maybe it helps na I teach once a week, kasi nakakahawa ang tumabi sa mga bata. (Para sa feeling young lang ito eh... Wala akong macontribute sa looking young. Hehehe)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I have a facial, the attendant tells me I have big pores!Big nga naman!Hahah!Tapos super oily, it's not smooth. Oh, and I have this blackish itchy part sa corners ng mouth ko. It is aggravated by cold/dry weather. Got blackheads too. Waaaa! Ang pangit ko! (nagtatago na sa ilalim ng lamesa)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah! Thanks! Wala na kasi akong maidisplay, kaya tawa na lang :)


    Ikaw din naman eh! Tsaka, nakakabata ang pets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dapat mag-facial date pala tayo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this serum to bits. It's perfect for layering and just absorbs super fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this would be good for dark birth marks or blemishes on the face. I think I need one of these, thanks for sharing! :) :D

    Pleasantly Chic

    ReplyDelete