Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Review: Strip Manila's IPL + V-Blush Treatments

Update: 3 weeks in and still hair-free! :)

Last week, I was invited to try Strip's new IPL and V-Blush treatments. These normally come at P5,000 a pop, but they were kind enough to let me try both treatments for free. I was assigned my usual waxer, Narlie, who dutifully explained the benefits of IPL first. She said this type of IPL is effective in removing hair and the head can penetrate up to 5cm below the skin's surface. It's virtually painless and she'll do 3 passes for 30 seconds each. The machine will let out a small beep ensuring that each pass is exactly 30 seconds long.


After shaving my underarms to make sure that all hair is removed, cool gel was applied to help the head glide easier and to protect skin from the heat. The IPL head emanates some heat but honestly I didn't feel a thing! My previous IPL sessions with another clinic were another story: I felt a stinging sensation every time the head would blast the laser light. With IPL, the light is on constantly. 

After that, it was time to move on to the V-Blush treatment. Each treatment breaks down melanin, the skin’s darkening pigment, and inhibits its production. It also claims to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, which makes the skin both fuller and tighter. If you have a problem with chicken skin or uneven skin tone in the underarm area, this treatment may alleviate that. 

The head used for the V-Blush treatment is narrower and the laser can penetrate up to 3cm in depth. It's recommended to do 6 passes of 12 seconds each. Similar to IPL, a small beep will indicate that each pass is over. 


During the V-Blush treatment, I didn't feel any discomfort at all! Narlie and I were just chatting and I didn't notice that the session was over. 

What's the diff?

Although both IPL and V-Blush aims to eradicate hair eventually, the former focuses on thicker, coarse hair while the latter is best used on fine hair. Great when used together to target all types of underarm hair. By the way, both treatments can be used on different parts of the body, too -- think, brazilian, legs, arms, etc.!

So what are the effects?

I've been advised by Narlie that in two weeks there will be reduced hair growth, and if any, some hair regrowth will start to fall off as an effect of the laser. I was very concerned that she had previously shaved my underarms as I've been waxing for years already, and was so scared that the hair would grow back thicker. Anyway, after a week I decided to test her claims. Granting, I was running low on EQ and decided to you know, just check if the hair would fall out eventually. Using my pointer finger and thumb (trusty ol' tools, haha) I was surprised that yes, it did give without me having to actually pull it. For the smaller hairs, I used a tweezer (just to grasp and not actually pluck them) and they did come off effortlessly. Honestly, all my underarm hair just came off easily. That was pretty darn amazing. As for V-Blush's aim to lighten or smoothen skin, my underarms aren't dark nor do I have chicken skin so I can't comment on that. 

Pour conclure

with Narlie :)
I would definitely recommend Strip's IPL and V-Blush for hair removal, and if only I had enough budget (I am preparing for my Singapore trip) I would buy 6 sessions in a heartbeat. This is me telling you as a consumer and not just as a blogger who tried the sessions for free, this is something that I'd really spend on when I eventually have the money for it. I was so glad I got to try it for free, Thanks Strip!

For July, Strip has an HSBC and Citibank promo where you can enjoy Php 20,000 for 6 sessions each of IPL and V-Blush. That's so affordable! If you're buying, I envy you :(

Locations:

Strip Serendra
2nd Floor Serendra Bonifacio High St.
Bonifacio Global City Taguig 1634
T 632 901 0892

Strip Greenbelt 5
4th Floor Greenbelt 5 Ayala Center
Makati City 1200
T 632 501 3997

For more information, visit http://www.facebook.com/stripmanila

2 Comments:

  1. Gusto ko magtry sa Strip but they're just so darn far :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magkakaron na sa Megamall! That's the nearest talaga sa atin :(

    ReplyDelete