Friday, July 4, 2014

Rainy day blues: Movies to watch when you're stuck at home

source
I don't know if it's "old age" or just being plain tired from work that I desire to just stay at home, relax, play with my dogs, and watch downloaded movies on weekends. I still go shopping sometimes but gone are the days of mindless wandering -- I just head out to do whatever errand I must do, then head home and rest. I guess I'm the party pooper now, huh? :P

Anyway, now that the weather is finally cooler, watching movies at home seems to be more enticing. No one wants to get caught in a rain shower unprepared -- and get their feet wet! Anyway, if you're stuck at home due to a heavy downpour, here are some movie suggestions. I'd watch these any day though, rain or shine :)

PACIFIC RIM
Kaijus and hot Rangers. This movie has the one of the best action scenes out there, even better than Godzilla. If you follow me on Facebook, you'd know that I watch this movie repeatedly.

THE GODFATHER


In case you'd be stuck at home for hours (make sure you've got lots of munchies), then why not go for a trilogy? I've been fascinated with the Corleone family ever since I first saw The Godfather in early 2000 while staying over at my Dad's. Admittedly, I had a huge crush on Al Pacino (he did not age well though, sayang) and the mafia/gangster life has always interested me. Make sure to take note Michael Corleone's transition from innocent military man, to a sinister and ruthless godfather.

CELESTE & JESSE FOREVER


I used to be obsessed with being right. It was the only thing that mattered...at least to me. It drove people crazy. I was stubborn and held my ground. But later on I realized that sometimes being right all the time and having to endure so much stress in order prove I AM right, was not worth it. Sometimes you have to breathe, take a step back, and just let it go. This applies to work, family, even love. So in relation to this movie, "Do you want to be right or happy?"

CLUELESS



When I was in high school, I longed for Cher's wardrobe, her friends, lifestyle, even her perfect hair. And yes, I worshiped Alicia Silverstone, too. Plus, don't you think Paul Rudd is cute?

WHEN HARRY MET SALLY
The banter between Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal is genius!

500 DAYS OF SUMMER
My last breakup was probably based on this movie, LOL. The story is very real and relatable, and every time I watch this I still feel a tinge of pain for Tom. They would have been perfect together, but oh well, life happens. Some people hate this movie, some people love it. If any, the soundtrack is really great -- I have it on repeat on my iPhone and laptop.

WE ARE WHAT WE ARE
A chilling thriller about cannibalism sans the bloodbath. 

WORLD WAR Z
Gah, the airplane scene still haunts me to this day. What would you do if passengers started to turn into zombies and you were stuck in a confined space -- mid-air??

WHITE CHICKS
This takes the cake for the funniest movie ever! Anyone want to sing along with me: "Making my way downtown. Walking fast. Faces pass. And I'm home bound...."

PS: If you insist on watching scary movies, just make sure you're cuddled up with your S.O. or your trusty ol' chihuahua is there to protect you.

Share your fave movies with me :)

4 Comments:

  1. Right now, my fave movie is FROZEN. :P

    xo, Pau
    http://bookshelvesandvanities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Napapakanta tuloy ako ngayong ng "Making my way downtown, walking fast, faces pass..." Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorites: Princess Diaries, Heart and Souls, Cutting Edge, and... tadaaaaa... Frozen! Haha

    ReplyDelete