I've admired Burt's Bees products from afar since college and I have yet to explore their full line. When I received my kit, I immediately zeroed in on two products that I was adamant on trying: the Daisy White Facial Cleanser and Serum.
Clinically proven to help improve the appearance of surface dullness, this cleanser, infused with Daisy extract, helps reveal a more even skin tone in as few as 4 weeks*. Formulated with a multifruit complex, our cleanser effectively removes dirt oil and makeup. Make it part of your daily regimen for a brighter and more even complexion, naturally.
Price: Php 795As you all know, cream facial cleansers are my cleansers of choice. They're gentle, non-foaming, and moisturizing. I didn't think much of the Daisy White Cleanser up until my first wash -- after that I was immediately blown away. Where have you been all my life, Daisy White?
Availability: Beauty Bar
What I love:
- formula is thick and creamy (slightly yellowish in color due to natural ingredients), I take my sweet time massaging this into my skin every morning
- its natural citrus scent is refreshing and invigorating
- natural rating is indicated on the packaging, the cleanser is 98.7% natural (yay!)
- able to remove excess sebum from my T-zone especially around my nose (some cream cleansers fail on this are as they are too gentle and fail to remove excess oils on first wash)
- my skin is left soft and moisturized after rinsing
- formula is soothing and won't aggravate pimples or existing irritations (used this while I had dermatitis on my forehead while testing another product and the Daisy White Cleanser helped soothe the irritation)
- packaging is sturdy and perfect for travel; tube is huge, too
What I don't like:
- stings the eyes a bit while lathering, must be the peppermint oil ingredient?
- the opening of the tube should be raised a bit to prevent the product from spilling
- flip top could be improved, mine's a little loose
If you're curious about the purported brightening effect, I've only used this in conjunction with the Serum and so I believe that the brightening effect would be minimal at this point (you are encouraged to use the full line for best results). However, I did notice a little bit of translucence if you can call it that. My skin is blemish-free and clearer, somewhat balanced and dare I say, glowing. Don't mistake this for a whitening product though, because that's an entirely different story.
I use the Daisy White Cleanser as the second step of my double cleansing routine and you should do the same if you wear heavy makeup everyday. It's very mild so I wouldn't consider this a heavy duty makeup remover. I really love this creamy cleanser (citrus scent and all!) and I would definitely buy when I run out.
What are your favorite products from Burt's Bees?
Share them with me below! :)