Saturday, July 5, 2014

Absynthe Bath & Beauty Argan Oil

Ever since I had my hair digipermed, I've been a believer of the benefits of using argan oil on the hair. It resuscitates dry strands, temporarily mends split ends, and helps define and tame curly hair. I recently used up my second bottle of Snoe Argan Oil, and it was time to break out the Absynthe Argan Oil (Php 849/50ml) that I received a few months back. 


Glass containers with a pipette gives skin care products that premium feel, but when you're in a rush this type of packaging can sometimes get in the way. I appreciate Absynthe's pump packaging which makes dispensing faster and easier. I just pump a few drops on my palm, rub my palms together to warm up the oil) and then apply it to my hair. The subtle nutty scent and thin texture will tell you that this contains 100% argan oil (it claims to be eco-cert, too) and is not just loaded with silicones. 


There's only one downside though, after a few weeks of use the pump packaging started to leak. I can see oil seeping out from the pump which makes application messy sometimes. Maybe a sturdier and airtight packaging would help? 

I have yet to full review the other Absynthe beauty products I received, stay tuned for those. 

In the meantime, have you tried anything from Absynthe? 


7 Comments:

  1. I also like applying argan oil on my hair.. I haven't tried this though. Where is it available? Thanks Kira :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, @Hazel! Available here http://www.absynthe.com.ph/product/argan-oil--the-liquid-gold-from-morocco :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried Argan Oil but I hear so many good things about it :) Is this only available online?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, @Pau B.! Yes, only available through their website :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will probably consolidate all my argan oil samples, hehe. Yknow I have the same problem with my Human Heart Nature makeup remover oil... I wonder where I can transfer it so it isn't so messy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had small Snoe argan oil samples (from Glamourbox, plus we had extras lying around the office) so I just refilled my bottle until I eventually ran out :) Hmm...got any empty bottles with a pipette?


    How's the HN makeup remover oil? I know it does not lather...are you a fan?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It doesn't lather! I don't mind that but it is terribly heavy and sticks post-cleansing. On the plus side, it takes off even waterproof stuff and is fun to massage onto the skin. I prefer Shu cleansing oil pa rin as it is water soluble.

    ReplyDelete