Thursday, June 5, 2014

Photo Story: My first beauty loot exchange

Finally, after months of waiting (on Kari's part) we were able to have dinner with the elusive Ae. I can't believe that Kari has only corresponded with Ae via email since their first meeting in 2011! Click here for a quick photo story on the Clinique Spa-arty. 

Anyway, we all had dinner in the newly opened Tim Ho Wan in Megamall. We did wait in line for maybe less than an hour, which was all good because the food (most especially the Baked Pork Buns below) was fantastic! FYI, Tim Ho Wan is now known as the most affordable Michelin restaurant with branches in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Manila.

look at these two! :)

Another reason for the meet-up was to have our first beauty loot exchange. As beauty enthusiasts, we come across so many products that sometimes take up permanent residence in our kikay kit, while some don't quite make the cut. So what's a girl to do? Well, share it with fellow beauty enthusiasts of course!

I brought along a few goodies that I thought Kari and Ae would appreciate. In turn this is what I got: 


1. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Wipes - Kari swears this takes off even waterproof eye makeup.

2. Shu Uemura UV Under Base Mousse SPF 30 - So many people have raved about this but I've never tried it. I was told it really creates a super smooth base, can't wait to test that out.

3. Crispy Sugar-free Pili from Albay - Yes, I do love Pili nuts so much. This non-beauty item was such a pleasant surprise, plus Kari threw in a Butanding key chain, too!

4. Holika Holika Magic Pole Mascara (Waterproof) - Loved the non-waterproof version (blogged about it here) and since my lids are somewhat oily, I am thankful for this one. I am also breaking the #1 rule when it comes to makeup -- never share mascara! But hey, I really am a fan of this so am using this newly opened (and used only twice by Kari) mascara.


Well, I must say our first beauty loot exchange was a success...and so much fun, too! Can't wait for the next one :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment