Sunday, May 11, 2014

Review: Les Couvent de Minimes Rinse-Off Cleansing Cream

I spotted the Les Couvent de Minimes kiosk in SM Makati last year, and even tried to contact them for Glamourbox but sadly did not receive a reply from them. On a personal note, I've always wanted to try it but never got around to buying it because of the price and the fact that it was relatively unknown in the Philippines.. 

Not until I read Julia's blog post did I muster up the courage to purchase the Rinse-off Cleaning Cream. Apparently Les Couvent de Minimes is only available in the department store of SM Megamall and SM Makati which are both sooo far from my house. Another thing that finally encouraged me to buy was the 50% sale -- instead of paying Php 799 each, it was down to only Php 399.50 each per 150ml. 

Thanks to its soap-free original recipe with three beneficial roses, Rinse-off Cleansing Cream cleanses and removes make-up from the face and lips without drying them out and leaves a feeling of freshness and the delicate scent of rose on the skin. It is a unique non-foaming luscious cream that is perfumed with rose absolute essence. The skin is left clean, soft and delicately scented.
Ingredients: Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Polysorbate 60, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Extract, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Parfum/Fragrance, Ceteareth-33, Henoxyethanol, Sodium PCA, Sodium Chloride, Chlorphenesin, Butylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tetrasodium Edta, Polyquaternium-10, Stearamine, Sodium Sulfate, Sodium Glycolate, Trisodium Nta, Sodium Formate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate.
Price: Php 399/150ml (sale price) 
It boasts of 3 main rose ingredients:

  • Damascena rose floral water refreshes and softens
  • Musk rose oil promotes cell renewal
  • Wild Rose berry polyphenols protect against free radicals and reveal radiance

This Rinse-off Cleansing Cream is sealed upon purchase, which gave me some sort of security since I was advised that Les Couvent de Minimes is pulling out of SM Megamall and who knows how long these products have been on the shelves?! Furthermore, there were only 2 tubes left so I gladly purchased both.


I will admit that I didn't read the ingredients properly because when I got home I realized that it contains SLS (!!!), polyquats, and cetyl alcohol (the ingredients vaguely remind me of hair conditioner). Although it does say on the website that it has a soap-free formula, I couldn't help but feel disappointed since I am usually an ingredients sergeant -- how could I have missed this?!

Anyway, I use this as a second step to my double cleansing routine. I wet my face with warm water then gently massage the cream on my face. It does a decent job of cleansing without leaving my skin dry or taut, perfect after my Revlite treatments and/or facials when my skin is extra sensitive. Wasn't a fan of the rose scent at first (it can get pretty strong), but it did grow on me after a few uses. The scent does linger on, which I pleasantly appreciate, but may be bothersome for those who are extra sensitive to scented products. If you wear minimal makeup every day this will work for you, otherwise use a makeup remover first then use this as a follow up. Take note, it does sting the eyes a bit.


The formula is not as creamy as let's say, the VMV Red Better Cleansing Cream which is thicker and more emollient, Les Couvent's version is lighter and very lotion-like -- definitely not the "cream" I was expecting. Love that it's in a tube though as it would be easy to tote for travel. Additionally, I really like the packaging as it looks luxe but yes, I agree with Julia that the labels look cluttered. I did notice, however, that the label is pretty sturdy as it stays put (no peeling) and the color remains vibrant even after wetting.

Have you tried anything from Les Couvent de Minimes?
Share your experiences with me! :)


2 Comments:

  1. Never tried anything from Les Couvent de Minimes but i would love to. Great blog and review!

    Lou of, steal-thestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) They also have Micellar Water but I'm not sure if it was ever available here.

    ReplyDelete